Programme Associate (GFA & FFA), G6 , Mutliple Duty Stations
JOB POSTING INFORMATION:
Opening date: 28 April 2021
Closing date: 11 May 2021
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity & gender balance and encourage qualified female candidates to apply.
Would you like to join WFP Sudan’s Programme team and enable the delivery of professional, client-focused programme services? Are you ready to partner with managers to deliver effective programme management solutions that will change and save the lives of the most vulnerable people in Sudan? If yes, this opportunity is for you.
At WFP, we are looking for an experienced Programme Associate (GFA & FFA) to support our programme team in Khartoum - 01 , Damazine - 01, Kadugli - 01 Fixed Term positions at G 6 Level, Sudan.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
WFP Sudan has the potential to reach millions of food insecure people across Sudan – with a total of 7.8 million people assisted in 2020. WFP Sudan, one of the largest and complex operations for WFP globally, is currently rolling out its five-year Country Strategic Plan (2019-2023), which aims to provide emergency assistance through a hybrid approach (Cash, food and vouchers), along with life-changing types of programmes (Nutrition, Resilience and School Feeding).
To purpose of this position is to provide support to policy and programme activities that effectively meet food or cash assistance needs.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES: (not all-inclusive)
Reporting directly to the Head of Programme Unit in the Area Offices and under the overall supervision of the Head of Area Office , the Programme Associate will be responsible for the following.
- Provide technical support and assist in the development and implementation of various activities and processes within the specific area of work supporting alignment with wider programme policies and guidelines.
- Provide specialized project management support to specific and/or defined programmes to ensure that the various activities are performed within the established targets following WFP’s policies and procedures.
- Within the specific area of responsibility, prepare a range of reports and data analysis (e.g. food assistance needs, resource utilization, programme status, performance) and highlight trends/issues ensuring deliverables adhere to corporate standards and quality control.
- Ensure and/or perform accurate, timely recording of data within the specific technical area of work (e.g. assistance programmes, food security and vulnerability assessments) and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
ADDITIONAL KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Liaise with internal counterparts to support effective collaboration, implementation and monitoring of ongoing project activities.
- Coordinate and communicate with local partners, agencies, NGOs and government institutions to perform accurate food security analyses and to ensure efficient delivery of food assistance.
- Support the capacity building of WFP staff, cooperating partners and national government within the specific technical area.
- Act as a point of contact for resolution of a range of operational queries and problems within a specific technical area of responsibility.
- Perform other duties as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in humanitarian/Development Studies, Social Sciences or related fields is required.
- Aminimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible related work experience in humanitarian/Development Studies, Social Sciences or related fields.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written English and Arabic.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE:
The desired candidate should have the following experiences
- At least two-three years of progressively responsible experience in humanitarian projects.
- Experience in data gathering and operational reporting.
- Experience in collaborative work with national governments, international NGOs, and/or UN agencies.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS:
Closing date: 11 May 2021
- Qualified female candidates are especially encouraged to apply
- WFP does not charge any fee at any stage of its recruitment process
- WFP has zero tolerance with discrimination and does not discriminate to HIV/AIDS status.
- This position is open to ONLY Sudanese nationals.