Local Consultant to Support the Processes of Creating Favourable Conditions for Grreen Capital Investments in Montenegro
The Ministry of Capital Investments of the Government of Montenegro includes state administration affairs in the field of capital investments, all types of traffic and transport, maritime, energy, mining and hydrocarbons, as well as management and supervision of state companies in these areas.
The Directorate for Capital Investments within the Ministry is an important national structure for:
- coordination and preparation and revision of strategic and programmatic documents, project ideas and project proposals in the field of energy and transport,
- planning, preparation, monitoring and the analyses of capital investments including related contracts (for design, construction, financing, consultancy, audit, management and maintenance)
- coordinating and participating in the preparation and monitoring of the implementation of international agreements in the area of competence of the Ministry,
- strategic planning and preparation and monitoring of development economic policy measures and analysis of their impact with the determination of goals, performance indicators and risks in the implementation of investments,
- cooperation and advocacy for attracting funds and technical assistance with international financing institutions, European Union funds, global funds, bilateral and multilateral donor organizations etc.
- cooperation and coordination with the European Energy Community, Energy Treaty, South East Europe Transport Community International Renewable Energy Agency – IRENA and other international organizations in line with signed agreements,
- planning and coordination of activities and monitoring the implementation of obligations related to the development of Trans-European Networks (TEN-T) and the Connecting Europe Facility (CEF),
- cooperation with various national and international institutions relevant for implementation of programs/actions/projects financed from available funds,
- participating in public competition procedures and grant allocation procedures for the programs/actions/projects in the field of energy and transport,
- adhering to the strategic guidelines and regulations of the European Union (EU) and proposing appropriate measures in order to harmonize national regulations with the EU regulations,
- coordination, supervision and improvement of international activities of the Ministry, especially in the process of implementing the policy of accession and accession to the EU.
The objective of the GEF funded project “Growing Green Businesses in Montenegro” implemented by UNDP is to promote private sector investment in low-carbon and green businesses in Montenegro. This very much depends on favourable legislative framework thus the project provides assistance to the national counterparts in design and implementation of favourable policy framework and provision of business support services and in creating and implementing of financial de-risking instruments - improving access to finance for innovative green businesses and partnerships in sectors as energy, transport, tourism, agriculture.
Duties and Responsibilities
Objectives of the assignment:
The objective of the assignment is to strengthen capacities of the Ministry of Capital Investments and its Directorate for Capital Investments through support to development of favourable conditions for green capital investments in Montenegro. Job content:
The local consultant should support the Directorate for Capital Investments in terms of contributing to planning, coordination and monitoring of relevant programs/actions/projects as well as designing favourable legal framework that will foster green economic development in Montenegro.
Under the supervision of the UNDP Programme Manager in consultation and coordination with the General Director of the Directorate for Capital Investments, the local consultant will perform the following tasks:
- Support in the preparation of programs and protocols on international cooperation in the field of capital investments,
- Support preparatory activities for ratification of international agreements related to cooperation in the field of capital investments,
- Support monitoring of the implementation of multilateral agreements and cooperation with relevant institutions,
- Contribute and advice on the development of annual plans for international cooperation,
- Preparation of analyses, reports, information and other materials,
- For chapters 14 – Transport policy, 15 – Energy and 21 – Trans-European Networks: gather relevant data from the relevant state institutions for the purpose of drafting the revised/new action plans and progress reports, provide translation of documents, provide support in defining needs and activities leading to fulfilling the final benchmarks
- Provide support to the cooperation with various national and international institutions relevant for implementation of programs/actions/projects,
- Support the Directorate for Capital Investments in communication with potential bilateral and multilateral donors and cooperation with organizations and initiatives related to international policies, measures and activities,
- Support the Directorate for Capital Investments in coordination of activities and obligations arising from membership in the Transport Community, the Energy Community, Energy Charter, the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA) and other international organizations,
- Prepare monthly reports on implemented activities,
- Perform other relevant tasks upon request of the UNDP Programme Manager in consultation with the General Director of the Directorate for Capital Investments.
The expected results: It is expected from the consultant to coordinate and deliver above mentioned tasks, in order to strengthen capacities of the Directorate for Capital Investments and support the implementation of the project “Growing Green Businesses Project in Montenegro”.
Timing and reporting: The local consultant will work under direct supervision of UNDP Programme Manager, and in close coordination with the General Director of the Directorate for Capital Investments. He/she will be obligated to provide monthly reports on their deliverables during the assignment.
Time duration and travel: The local consultant will be engaged in the period from June 1, 2021 to December 31, 2021. The consultants will be placed at the premises of the Directorate for Capital Investments and work during the working hours of the Directorate.
- Demonstrates integrity by modelling the UN’s values and ethical standards,
- Promotes the vision, mission and strategic goals of UN/UNDP,
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability,
- Builds strong relationships with clients, focuses on impact and result for the client and responds positively to feedback,
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude,
- Excellent communication skills, facility in working with teams and capacity to compose clear and readable narrative reports,
- Demonstrates ability to manage complexities and work under pressure, as well as conflict resolution skills,
- Excellent organizational and time management skills,
- Shares knowledge and experience,
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills,
- Ability to perform a variety of standard tasks related to Results Management, including collecting of documentation, data entering, preparation of revisions, filling, provision of information,
- Ability to provide input to business processes re-engineering, implementation of new systems,
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills,
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
Required Skills and Experience
- University degree in social sciences
- Minimum two years of working experience in the relevant field,
- Previous experience related to the project cycle management would be considered as an asset,
- Previous experience in coordinating various stakeholders is an asset,
- Previous experience in translating documents,
- Experience in desk research, as well as analysis of legal documents or policy planning papers is an asset,
- Interest in designing and implementing green, sustainable development is an asset.
- Fluency in Montenegrin language,
- Excellent command of spoken and written English language.
- Computer literacy.
Criteria for selection:
Combined Scoring method will be used. When using this weighted scoring method, the award of the contract should be made to the individual consultant whose offer has been evaluated and determined as: (i) responsive, compliant, acceptable, and (ii) having received the highest score out of a pre-determined set of weighted technical and financial criteria specific to the solicitation.
- Technical criteria weight - 70% (Background and education 10%; Relevant previous experience 20%; Substantial knowledge/Required competencies 30%; Required language 10%);
- Financial criteria weight - 30%.
Only offerors obtaining a minimum 490 points for technical criteria will be considered for the financial evaluation. For more information on procurement methodology for Individual Contractors, please refer to Procurement Notice.
Interested applicants are requested to submit their applications by May 13, 2021 by using the Apply now button. The application should contain CV or P11 that can be downloaded at https://www.me.undp.org/content/montenegro/en/home/jobs.html. Please note that UNDP jobsite system allows only one uploading of application document, so please make sure that you merge all your documents into a single file.
Only the short-listed applicants will be contacted and requested to submit a letter of interest including a price quotation indicating the lump sum (in EUR) requested for the work envisaged in the section "Description of Responsibilities".