HR & Administration Assistant
Reporting to the HR & Administration Manager, the HR & Admin. Assistant is responsible for providing support to day-to-day HR & administrative functions of the HR & Admin. office.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist generally in the human resource activities for the national employees, as required.
- Support recruitment exercise including sorting, longlisting of applications, coordinate candidates’ invitations for interview, drafting interview report, creation of new staff personnel files, supporting in the induction processes.
- Update the existing personal files, ensuring that they all have the necessary information.
- Flights focal person-ensure that all the flights request-local and international are action in an efficient manner.
- In liaison with the HR & Admin. Manager, monitor staff movement to/from the field, to conference, to trainings, etc. and provide weekly updates (Travel calendars) to relevant staff.
- Ensure that support is provided in a timely and reliable fashion with all travel arrangements, conference venue bookings, meeting arrangements, accommodation booking for staff from other programs and other official visitors.
- Maintain a calendar and schedule of visitors to IRC Uganda and submit monthly report by 2nd of every month.
- Draft and following up on office purchases and payment requests, informed by reviewing PR tracking sheets shared by supply chain on weekly basis.
- Manage office supplies through receiving and making release orders.
- Participate in the development of quarterly procurement plan for the office.
- Prepare payment request vouchers for all utilities (electricity bills, water bills, newspapers etc) including telephone bills.
- Under the supervision of the HR & Admin. Manager, compile and submit MTN-CUG telephone numbers by the 20th of every month.
- Liaise with external staff to schedule and organize in-house and external events.
- Assist the HR department in organizing staff training sessions, workshops and activities
- Support in processing Work permits and Visas for non-Ugandan staff.
- Support international staff to identify suitable housing, and ensure that all rent for the office and international staff is paid on time.
- Perform any other duties as required.