Lead, Innovative Finance
The Global Crop Diversity Trust is an international organization with headquarters in Bonn, Germany whose mission is to ensure the conservation and availability of crop diversity for food security worldwide. For further information about the Global Crop Diversity Trust, consult the web page at http://croptrust.org
The Global Crop Diversity Trust is seeking an outstanding candidate for the position of:
Lead, Innovative Finance
As a member of the Finance Team, the Lead, Innovative Finance is under the direct supervision of the Director of Finance and liaises with the External Affairs Team on relevant activities under the guidance of the Director of External Affairs.
The candidate is responsible for
- Proactively contribute to the development of innovative and blended finance products for the respective donor markets and potential investors and refine these in collaboration with partnerships and finance colleagues and external partners;
- Identify, communicate and directly engage with governments, multilateral development banks (MDBs), regional institutions, High-net-worth Individuals (HNWI), private foundations and corporations;
- Preparation and analysis of cashflow forecast scenarios for sources of income and expenditure to identify the funding needs going forward;
- Structure innovative finance mechanisms and negotiate them with relevant counterparts, including donors, private investors, rating agencies, international financial institutions (IFIs) and others as required to bring these products to implementation stage;
- Explore funding models examining the feasibility, reputational and financial risks, technical implementation details of innovative finance mechanisms, taking into account insights generated through specialized expert consultants;
- Lead the development of the Crop Trust’s engagement with key platforms in promoting the organization’s innovative finance strategy; serve as an innovative finance spokesperson and resource to stakeholders;
- Help design, write and drive pitching strategies and elaborate detailed supporting documentation for pitch meetings;
- Market the Crop Trust’s current and new innovative finance mechanisms in order to generate additional resources and investor support for both the endowment as well as project activities.
- Oversee the implementation of innovative finance mechanisms, including by setting up and monitoring relevant systems and controls;
- Management of investments to the endowment fund and cashflow forecasting for the new lodgments and the repayment of interest payments and debt;
- Track pledges and contributions, acknowledge when necessary, and ensure compliance with internal systems;
- Collaborate closely with partnership colleagues, support grant agreement engagement and renewals with donor governments, foundations, corporations and other players;
- Ensure that the organization’s Innovative Finance Working Group and Finance & Investment Committee meetings are effectively prepared for and smoothly run.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree or equivalent in economics, finance, international relations or politics;
- At least 7 years of relevant, practical and progressive work experience with an IFI, multilateral organization, major bank/investment bank, or other relevant organization in a corporate finance, financial consultancy or structured finance environment;
- Familiarity with governmental decision-making processes (both political and technical) and mechanisms to support innovative finance type proposals;
- Previous hands-on private sector work experience with fundraising and resource mobilization for innovative financing models and public-private partnerships in the financial or foundation sector is an advantage;
- Excellent financial literacy, including a detailed understanding of financial information, such as financial statements, company accounts and examining and interpreting data from different sources and understanding the impact this will have for investment decision making. Financial modelling skills are essential;
- A strong team player with a high degree of flexibility and commitment, excellent networking, moderation and communication skills;
- Excellent English language skills, both written and spoken with the ability to present information clearly and concisely;
- Strong strategic planning, interpersonal and communications skills as well as excellent organizational skills;
- Detail-oriented, with strong follow-through skills;
- Experience with using customer relationship management IT tools is an advantage.
Terms and Conditions: The Crop Trust offers an attractive remuneration package including a competitive salary, non-contributory retirement savings plan, medical insurance and leave provisions. This is a Professional position classified at Level 4 (Level 6 being the highest). The salary range for Level 4 is: Euro 55,000 - Euro 104,500. All benefits are denominated and paid in Euros. Staff of the Global Crop Diversity Trust (including German nationals) is exempt from host country income tax. Relocation costs are covered for candidates residing outside of the Bonn/Cologne or surrounding areas. The contract duration will be for a period of 3 years, subject to a probationary period of 12 months.
Applications: Interested candidates should submit the following (incomplete applications will not be considered):
- A one-page motivation letter including summary of your qualifications and experience, indicating how you meet the expected set of skills and competencies for the position and your drivers for applying.
- Your Curriculum Vitae in English (please include your current residence address, telephone, and email address, date of birth, gender and nationality);
- Names and full contact details of at least three referees.
Deadline for applications is 21 May 2021.
The Trust is an equal opportunity employer and strives for staff diversity in gender and nationality.
All applications will be acknowledged, but only short-listed candidates will be contacted