Compound Cleaner (Urban)
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home. The IRC has been working in Uganda since 1998 supporting nationals and refugees and various institutions in the country notably the government, community-based organizations, the civil society and the private sector. The current program portfolio in Uganda includes health, peace building, gender-based violence, economic recovery and agribusiness, and children & youth. IRC has a country office in Kampala, and field offices in Moroto, Kiryandongo, Kyaka II, Yumbe, Imvepi, Kiryandongo and Moroto
Scope of Work
Under the direct supervision of the HR and Admin Officer/Assistant, the Office Cleaner is responsible for maintaining general cleanliness of the premises at all times.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain and clean-up the office premises
- Make sure that the garden areas are clean all the time.
- Maintain the flowers and the flower pots by watering them at least 3 times a week.
- Responsible for slashing the office compound in and outside the gate to keep the office tidy.
- Trim the flowers and the trees in the compound to keep them levelled.
- Make sure the garbage is disposed off in the right place.
- Assist in making arrangements especially if required to lift some furniture.
- Assist with other office related matters as directed.
- Undertake any other activity that contributes to the smooth running and development of the office.
- Perform other related duties assigned.