Human Resources Analyst
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
People with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
FAO's office for Yemen is responsible for developing, promoting, overseeing and implementing agreed strategies for addressing countrywide food, agriculture and rural development priorities under Yemen. It develops and maintains relations with the relevant Ministries at the country level. This position is based in FAO Representation in Sanaa, Yemen. The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
Under the overall guidance of the FAO Representative, the direct guidance and supervision of the Administrative Officer (Head of Support Unit), and the overall technical guidance of the Human Resources Division through the Regional HR Officer (RNE) that channelled through the Head of HR Unit, FNYAR.
The incumbent will assist the FAO Yemen HR management practices and implementing HR Policies and procedures.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Assist in coordinating a range of personnel actions (recruitment, extenson, rehire, and termination) for staff and international and locally recruited personnel such as recruitment, extensions, transfers, etc
- Support the briefing and de-briefing of FAO Yemen personnel
- Review, maintain, gather and update confidential personnel information, documentation, records and files;
- Investigate and resolve payment inquiries in collaboration with finance staff; prepare payment instructions;
- Assist in the recruitment process of staff and non-staff, including the preparation of vacancy announcements; communication with applicants, raises personnel HR actions for the locally recruited personnel in the online corporate system
- Follow up and ensure obtaining all necessary documents for recruitment, references, medical check, etc
- Assist in preparation of induction schedules for new joiners to be adhered to the recruitment timeline.
- Monthly monitoring of documents uploaded in E-files.
- Perform other related duties and activities as required;
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- At least 5 years of relevant experience at the national or international level. Bachelor's in Human Resources, Business Administration or in any related fields. Business (or higher level of education) in administration studies or related fields.
- Familiarity with computers and Microsoft Word, Excel essential.
- Full competency and fluency in English
- National of Yemen.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Experience with a UN Agency or International NGO desirable.
- Ability to plan, organize, implement and report
- Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills in English.
- The incumbent must possess teamwork spirit, ability to work under minimum supervision, flexibility
- Ability to keep sensitive and personal information as confidential.
- Capacity to take initiative, and suggest modifications in the process
Selection Criteria/ Technical/Functional Skills
- Evaluation of qualified applicants may include an assessment exercise and a technical / competency-based interview
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: Careers@fao.org
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/