ZRBF Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support analysis, generation and dissemination of M&E technical notes and other analytical products for resilience programing and policy formulation.
- Support the building and maintenance of ZRBF programme M&E datasets and other datasets critical for resilience analysis, assemble, format and integrate the grant recipient M&E datasets into the appropriate standard
- Facilitate and coordinate M&E missions for ZRBF programme monitoring and evaluation purposes
- Support the ZRBF team and partners in scenario building exercises
- Develop ZRBF Project monitoring tools and guidelines for programme progress tracking, resilience measurement and resilience capacity analysis and monitoring, including real time tracking of coping mechanisms and tracking of outcome indicators
- Represent ZRBF in analytical foras connected to national surveys critical for resilience programming such as livelihoods & vulnerability assessments, poverty surveys, food and nutrition surveys etc.
- Support development and operationalization of ZRBF M&E framework and M&E programmatic activities including technical backstopping and support visits to Grant Recipients
- Participate in quantitative and qualitative resilience monitoring, analytical work including production of thematic briefs
- Support monitoring of alignment of project level outputs with Country Programme level expected outcomes and targets of the M&E plan as well as ZUNDAF outcomes
- Assist in preparing quarterly and annual programme progress reports for submission to the project board
- Lead the documentation of programme success stories and other learning experiences at National level including review and lesson learnt workshops for ZRBF
- Support ZRBF in Grant recipients selection processes including review and technical evaluation of concept notes and proposals
- Contribute to capacity building of ZRBF partner staff in monitoring and evaluation technical aspects in line with ZRBFs M&E framework, as well as UNDP and donor requirements
- Develop and operationalize M&E reporting guidelines and templates for partners to ensure effective and efficient control and results based delivery of the ZRBF
- Support the analysis and ongoing work for development of early warning thresholds for activation of the crisis modifier
- Undertake regular field visits to ensure compliance and timely execution of the planned M&E systems by grant recipients under the ZRBF
- Support the collaboration and coordination with other UN agencies, government agencies, NGOs, and other organizations on monitoring and evaluation issues.
- Represent ZRBF in relevant coordination fora
- Ensure sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice;
- Perform any other duty as assigned by the Resilience Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist and the Head of ZRBF.
- Can Identify relevant data needs and develops information for advocacy of inclusion of resilience approaches to a variety of audiences
- Some knowledge of innovative methodologies for real time data collection
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgement
- Shares knowledge and experiences from within and outside ZRBF
- Strong IT skills, Atlas, databases, mapping
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines
- Establishes, builds and sustains effective relationships within the work unit and with internal and external clients
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree or Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Economics, Statistics, Data Science, Information Systems Geography or other related fields
- At least 5 years of of relevant experience and proven Officer use and proficiency with SPSS, Stata, Excel, database packages or other appropriate packages. Knowledge of GIS will be added advantage but is not a requirement.
- Experience in field monitoring and analytical work (quantitative and qualitative analysis) in the field of Resilience, Food and Nutrition Security, Livelihoods and DRR is required.
- Proven experience in monitoring, evaluation and data management in resilience building projects for at least 3 years
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advance knowledge of spread sheet and database packages.
- Fluency in the UN and national language of the duty station.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.