M4C Project Assistant
Suva (Fiji )
The Markets for Change Project is a UNwomen project jointly implemented by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)Pacific Office in Suva, Fiji. The Markets for Change - Fiji, Vanuatu and Solomon Islands Project (hereinafter referred to as the M4C PROJECT) is a six-year initiative aimed at ensuring that marketplaces in rural and urban areas in Fiji, Vanuatu and Vanuatu are safe, inclusive and non-discriminatory environments, promoting gender equality and women’s empowerment. UNDP implements outcome two of the project which focuses on “improving the socio-economic security of women market vendors through two main interventions:
- Financial literacy and business training through the Continuing Market Business Education.
- Agricultural productivity training through Improving Productivity and Income for Vendor Farmers (IPI-VF) program.
The Project Assistant (PA) is a key position for the M4C outcome 2 component. The incumbent will be responsible for the administration, including coordination and implementation, of the training activities of UNDP M4C component, in close consultation with the Inclusive Growth (IG) Unit Team Leader and the UNDP M4C Project Officers, UNDP Pacific Office M4C Suva.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions:
- Support the implementation of the Markets for Change Program/ Project Activities;
- Assist in maintaining partnerships and delivering to stakeholders;
- Facilitate logistical, travel, procurement, and financial and asset management to the project.
- Contribute to Knowledge Management and Learning from the project activities;
Support the implementation of the Markets for Change Program/ Project Activities;
- Provide project coordination, planning and implementation of the project activities;
- Provide support in quality control of project activities, including ensuring the preparation of appropriate training materials, assessing impact and effectiveness, tracking outputs and results, and ensure timely and efficient delivery
- Attendance at M4C Project Management Committee, and Project Working Committee meetings when required and preparation of presentations to report on activities;
Assist in maintaining partnerships and delivering to stakeholders;
- Regularly meet with key project partners to ensure agreed workplans are prioritized by key project partners;
- Meet and coordinate discussions with partners and stakeholders on issues affecting the project, and bring the same to the attention of the Inclusive Growth M4C team;
- Attendance at any forums where M4C stakeholders might highlight issues that could affect the project or add to the scope of the project, and bring the same to the attention of the Inclusive Growth M4C team;
Facilitate logistical, travel, procurement, and financial and asset management to the project;
- Preparation of events budgets;
- Timely acquittals and reporting after field visits;
- Ensure contracted stakeholders follow their contract and deliver on planned activities.
- Timely provision of support to procure goods and services required by the project, in liaison with the relevant M4C staff and relevant units of UNDP Country Office.
Contribute to Knowledge Management and Learning from the project activities;
- Compiling, organizing and filing of information and documents, including correspondence and minutes, for reference and use by team members.
- Document lessons learnt and recommendations to improve activities in the communities.
- Liaise with Communications support personnel to create Communications Plans for events and to highlight project results;
- Prepare activity reports, with analysis of project outputs and relevant findings to inform reporting to UNDP Multi country office and UNwomen. [Quarterly/annual reporting]
Required Skills and Experience
| || |
| || |
| || |
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.