The Executive Associate ensures effective and efficient support to the administrative functions of the office of UNDP Country Representatives by providing required secretarial support to the Resident Representative and Deputy Resident Representative. In carrying out the role, the incumbent ensures full confidentiality in all aspects of assignment, maintains due protocol of the office, and efficiently manages information flow as guided by the office.
The Executive Associate can supervise other secretarial and clerical staff of the office, if any. The Executive Associate also works in close collaboration with all UNDP staff, UN Agencies and national authorities to facilitate smooth functioning of the Country Representatives’ office on a day-to-day basis
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Ensures effective and efficient functioning of the office of Resident and Deputy Resident Representative focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Maintenance of the supervisor’s calendar, contacts with visitors, arrangement of appointments and meetings, acting as an interpreter as and when required and/or taking minutes from meetings.
- Maintenance of protocol procedures as per the official guideline
- Preparation of high-quality briefing materials for supervisor for appointments, meetings, missions.
- Preparation of informal translations as and when required.
- Preparation of correspondence, directives, comments on behalf of Resident and Deputy Resident Representative for his/her signature and making follow-up when required.
- Use of automated office management systems such as PABX, FAX, MS Tools, Zoom, Docusign, photocopy, scanning etc.
- Ensure maintaining regular stock of required stationaries, newspapers and other subscriptions, ensure maintenance of office equipment used by the office of country Representatives and ensure clean and hygienic office environment.
- Liaison with the transport pool to ensure vehicle support to the office of representatives and also to incoming and outgoing mission members.
- Perform other adhoc official duties as per supervisor’s advice.
2. Ensures provision of effective communications support to the office focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Maintenance of the filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential information. Use of automated filing system.
- Coordination of the information flow in the office, follow up on circulation files.
- Facilitation of information sharing between UNCT and the UN Coordination Unit.
- Follow up on deadlines, commitments made, actions taken and coordination of collection and submission of the reports to the Resident and Deputy Resident Representative and support them maintaining the daily calendars and events on time.
- Screening of all incoming/outgoing calls and correspondence.
- Presentation of proposals to eliminate communication bottlenecks in the office and streamline office procedures between the supervisor’s office and subordinate division.
- Support processing payment of invoices as advised by the supervisor.
3. Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and management focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Organization of specialized trainings for secretaries.
- Organization of trainings to UN staff on coordination, administration and protocol issues.
Impact of Results
The key results have an impact on the efficiency of the office of Country Representatives. Accurate analysis and presentation of information strengthens the capacity of the said office and promotes the image of UN/UNDP as an effective contributor to the development of the country. Incumbent’s own initiative is decisive in results of work and timely finalization.
Ability to make new and useful ideas work
Level 3: Adapts deliverables to meet client needs
Ability to persuade others to follow
Level 3: Proactively seeks and recognizes contributions of others
Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
Level 3: Appropriately involves team in different stages of work and decision-making
Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
Level 3: Expresses information and views with adaptive reasoning and appreciation for complexity and variation
Level 3: Implement & Manage
Exercises skills and knowledge independently, demonstrating ability to manage self and team responsibilities, in area of work
Required Skills and Experience
- High school Education// University Degree or equivalent with specialized secretarial training
- 3 years of relevance working experience in case of University degree and 6 years of progressively responsible secretarial, administrative, programme experience in case of High school Education is required Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc), experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Fluency in English and Tetum
Important applicant information
All posts in the GS categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.