Monitoring and Evaluation Associate
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the technical guidance of CTA and direct supervision of the National Project Coordinator and in collaboration with international team of impact evaluation program, the M&E Associate will assist the project team in monitoring and ensuring high quality and timely inputs, and for ensuring that the project maintains its strategic vision and that its activities result in the achievement of its intended outputs in a cost effective and timely manner.
He/She will assist the CTA, the National Project Coordinator and project team in designing and implementing the M&E activities and ensuring the implementation of impact evaluation program under the project, preparing Weekly /Monthly/Quarterly/Semi-annual/Annual reports on project progress and will monitor the project activities on a regular basis, application of the RBM tools in project management, review and improvement of RBM products (e.g. results frameworks), as well as contribute to knowledge building and knowledge management.
- Develop and strengthen monitoring, inspection and evaluation procedures.
- Monitor and evaluate overall progress on achievement of results.
- Monitor all project activities, expenditures and progress towards achieving the project outputs.
- Monitor the sustainability of the project's results.
- Develop indicators and a monitoring strategy for the different components under the project.
- Recommend further improvement in the Results and Resources Framework, Risk Register etc.
- In collaboration with CTA, National Project Coordinator, Gender Advisor and Team Leaders for various project components develop monitoring strategy/plan for impact indicator for the measuring project success
- Suggest strategies to the Project Management for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the project by identifying bottlenecks in completing project activities and developing plans to minimize or eliminate such bottlenecks.
- Report on a regular basis on all project activities to the National Project Coordinator.
- Provide inputs, information and statistics for weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual and other reports to Project Team and UNDP.
- Assist CTA and National Project Coordinator in preparation of reports on the findings and lessons learned from project innovations.
- Assist National Project Coordinator and Team Leaders in preparing Weekly /Monthly/Quarterly/Semi-annual/Annual reports on project progress.
- Assist project team in preparing donor reports as per the donor requirements and agreed format.
- Assist in preparing Project inputs for various corporate annual reports (ROAR), work plans (IWP) and others, such as reporting for UNDP Country Program Document (CPD) and UNSDCF
- Participate in planning various thematic workshops, Steering Committee Meetings, Technical Working Group Meetings and assist the Team Leaders and the National Project Coordinator in preparing relevant reports/minutes.
- Assist in coordinating across the available components of the project to ensure effective implementation of M&E
- Assist the project personnel with M&E tools and in supporting them in their use.
- Assist the project team in planning and implementation of activities related to the various types of assessments and evaluations planned under the project, such as vulnerability assessment, capacity assessment of stakeholders etc.
- Serves as a focal point for international team assigned for impact evaluation, and ensures coordination and timely implementation of related activities
- Assist National Project Coordinator in commissioning project evaluations, including impact evaluation.
- Organize and conduct training on M&E for project and government staff, if necessary.
- Provide input and update information related to project results (baseline, targets and achievements) in Atlas and ensure biannual Quality Assessment of project implementation in relevant UNDP intranet module.
- Assist National Project Coordinator and Team Leaders on preparation, management and monitoring of Issues Log and Risk Log for the project, including relevant entries in Atlas.
- Ensures M&E procedures according to the UNDP guidelines are followed (including spot-checks, programmatic visits etc), organizes and conducts relevant activities.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrates strong analytical skills
- Demonstrates strong quantitative and qualitative research skills
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Self-development, initiative-taking
- Acting as a team player.
Results-Based Programme Development and Management
- Assesses project performance to identify success factors and incorporates best practices into project work
- Researches linkages across programme activities to identify critical points of integration
- Monitors specific stages of projects/programme implementation.
Innovation and Marketing New Approaches
- Generates new ideas and proposes new, more effective ways of doing things
- Documents and analyses innovative strategies/best practices/new approaches.
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise
- Understands and applies fundamental concepts and principles of a professional discipline or technical specialty relating to the position (especially in the area of data collection, analysis, reports writing, monitoring and evaluation, international development etc.)
- Decent knowledge of quantitative and qualitative survey methods
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks
- Analyzes the requirements and synthesizes proposals
- Strives to keep job knowledge up to date through self-directed study and other means of learning
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sociology, Development Studies, Statistics or related field.
- 7 years of experience in designing and implementation of M&E in development projects
- 3 years of Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis, and production of reports
- Expertise in designing surveys and analyzing data using quantitative and qualitative tools
- ICT skills, especially in using database software
- Demonstrated experience in working with/for international organizations
- Experience with or knowledge of the UN system M&E principles will be a strong asset.
- Experienced and advanced user of computers and office software packages.
- Advanced training & facilitation skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in Georgian and English.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.