Science & Technology Officer (Mexico), TOS 6 (Subject to funding)
The Hague (Netherlands)
Every year, millions of people around the world go missing as a result of conflict, human rights abuses, disasters, organized crime, irregular migration, and other causes. Be part of a growing international organization that is dedicated to tackling this global challenge. To learn more about ICMP click here.
The purpose of the Science & Technology (S&T) Program Officer (Mexico Program) is to enhance the forensic capability of Mexican authorities and in particular DNA experts (peritos) to account for missing persons. The position focuses on the delivery of training and mentoring for the application of cutting-edge technology to enhance large-scale human identification efforts. The role includes participating in innovative research and validation projects linked to forensic DNA.
Reporting to the Head, DNA Laboratory Division, and working within the Research and Validation Laboratory, the S&T Program Officer will be responsible for the following:
- Establish close working relationships with local partners;
- In coordination with ICMPs Center for Excellence and Learning, conduct learning needs assessments, develop training packages, and ensure the provision of learning and development solutions to local experts related to large-scale human identification;
- Through desk research, site visits and consultations with local partners conduct capacity and learning-needs assessments;
- Ensure the sustained delivery of mentoring support to ICMPs local partners;
- Participate in scientific research projects related to new technologies and analysis of highly compromised human remains;
- Coordinate, facilitate and report on the regular meetings between ICMP and its local partners;
- Lead and participate in the production of Spanish and English technical and programmatic documents;
- Produce reports and provide the information required for monitoring and evaluation of the impact of the project;
- Other related duties as assigned