The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) is an international organisation comprised of 37 member countries, that works to build better policies for better lives. Our mission is to promote policies that will improve the economic and social well-being of people around the world. Together with governments, policy makers and citizens, we work on establishing evidence-based international standards, and finding solutions to a range of social, economic and environmental challenges. From improving economic performance and creating jobs to fostering strong education and fighting international tax evasion, we provide a unique forum and knowledge hub for data and analysis, exchange of experiences, best-practice sharing, and advice on public policies and international standard-setting.
Within the OECD's Executive Directorate (EXD), the Conference, Security and Infrastructure Service (EXD/CSI) is responsible in particular for conference services, interpretation and translation services, security of OECD staff, delegates and visitors and the management and operation of OECD buildings, including fire safety, in Paris and at OECD Centres abroad.
In EXD/CSI, the Conference and Security Division (EXD/CSI/CSD) manages the OECD conference meeting rooms and ensures high quality audio visual and other multimedia services are offered to meeting and event organisers and attendees, currently in the form of virtual meetings (where all participants join remotely), or hybrid meetings (where participants join both from the physical conference centre and remotely), including simultaneous interpretation.
EXD/CSI/CSD is looking for an Audio Visual Operations Manager to take charge of the operations management and co-ordination of the audio visual teams. S/he will work under the direct supervision of the Head of Conferencing and Interpretation Systems.
Operations management and co-ordination
- In accordance with the standards required by the Organisation, manage and coordinate the audio visual team to provide an efficient support to users and ensure the continuous use, smooth running and maintenance of the audio visual systems used in the meeting rooms.
- Oversee audio visual installation activity and ensure equipment is operational and safe to use. Ensure that all facilities are set up within agreed deadlines and the Organisation's safety standards are respected.
- Organise audio visual projects, including scheduling and implementation, within allocated budget envelopes.
- Work closely with Committee Secretariats and event organizers to prepare meetings, implement appropriate technical solutions and advise them on technologies available for more interactive and attractive events (digital platforms, advanced web conferencing features, live streaming, webinars …)
- In collaboration with the other EXD Services, draw up detailed specifications for all technical aspects relating to event organisation.
- In order to provide a professional level of service, maintain a good communication flow and work closely with EXD's conference support and remote conferencing teams to optimize team coordination.
- Ensure support for meeting organisers in the use of the Conference Room Management System (CRMS) and adjust invoice items to reflect services provided as necessary.
- Contribute to projects to upgrade the systems used in the conference rooms, in collaboration with the Digital, Knowledge and Information Service (DKI).
Resource management and administration
- Plan, co-ordinate and oversee work carried out by internal and external audio visual technicians and technical teams.
- In collaboration with the Head of Conferencing and Interpretation Systems, and in accordance with the ethical policies of the Organisation, manage and supervise the internal technical team, promoting excellence through effective performance management and professional development of staff. Participate in the recruitment of new team members.
- Prepare technical specifications and documents to launch call for tenders and consultations, and participate in purchasing goods and services in line with the Organisation’s rules and procedures.
- Oversee the approval procedures for new equipment and the updating of the assets inventory.
- Ensure the continuous presence of technical staff during Conference Centres opening hours and organise appropriate technical support for all events.
- Draw up checklists and document procedures for the internal and external teams.
- Oversee and update the daily technical planning board with new audio visual requests.
- Draft reports relating to audio visual activities, detailing technical or operational problems and solutions applied.
- Provide regular key performance indicators (KPI) on audio visual activities.
Ideal Candidate Profile
- An advanced university degree in electronics, computing, multimedia or audio visual technologies, or equivalent professional experience.
- At least five years’ professional experience in the operational management of technical units and complex events.
- Experience in client support in the context of technical services provision. Capacity to understand and translate client needs into operational instructions.
- Proven experience in managing operational teams and supervising outsourced external contractors while demonstrating good knowledge of management methods.
- Experience in contracts and budget management.
- Experience working in a multicultural environment would be an advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of audio visual systems (conferencing, sound, video, interpretation, routing, automation).
- Very good knowledge of digital platforms and multimedia systems (remote conferencing systems, webcasting, social media networks, interactive and collaborative tools).
- Good knowledge of IT environment and audio/IP technologies.
- Good knowledge of one or more of the main web conferencing applications such as WebEx, Teams, Zoom, including web solutions with interpretation.
- Very good knowledge of the use of the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and the ability to quickly learn relevant software tools used in the Organisation.
- Fluency in one of the two OECD official languages (English and French) and knowledge of the other, with a commitment to reach a good working level.
- For this role, the following competencies would be particularly important: Achievement Focus, Flexible thinking, Managing resources, Teamwork and Team leadership, Client focus, Strategic thinking.
- Please refer to the level 3 indicators of the OECD Core Competencies.
- Two-year fixed term appointment, with the possibility of renewal.
What the OECD offers
- Depending on level of experience, monthly salary starts at either 6,197 EUR or 7,647 EUR, plus allowances based on eligibility, exempt of French income tax.
- Click here to learn more about what we offer and why the OECD is a great place to work.
- Click here to browse our People Management Guidebook and learn more about all aspects relating to people at the OECD, our workplace environment and many other policies supporting staff in their daily life
- Please note the appointment may be made at a lower grade based on the qualifications and professional experience of the selected applicant.
For retained candidates, written tests/video-recorded interviews are foreseen beginning of June and panel interviews are foreseen before the summer break.
The OECD is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes the applications of all qualified candidates who are nationals of OECD member countries, irrespective of their racial or ethnic origin, opinions or beliefs, gender, sexual orientation, health or disabilities.
The OECD promotes an optimal use of resources in order to improve its efficiency and effectiveness. Staff members are encouraged to actively contribute to this goal.