Occupational Health and Safety Analyst
Mexico (United States of America)
The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Occupational Health and Safety Analyst (OH&S) to work in the Risk Management Unit.
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Coordinate Safety and Health Commission activities at the Experimental Stations (ES).
- Carry periodic OH&S walk downs for recommending measures to help protect workers from potentially dangerous practices, processes, and materials at the Experimental Stations.
- Verify that the OH&S regulatory requirements are properly applied.
- Verify that OH&S the CIMMYT’s OHS policy, procedures and standards are properly applied.
- Report working conditions that affect health of staff at ES.
- Maintain and Update the OH&S document database.
- Monitor and report all new published OH&S applicable legislation at HQ and Regional Office.
- Support of the internal Civil protection Plan and Evacuation Drills at Experimental Stations.
- Support specifics routines OH&S activities (fire extinguishers inspections, hydrants, fire equipment cabinets, eye washers, etc.)
- Preparation of OH&S checklist and templates.
- Upload and enroll OH&S the information into the LMS.
- Create and maintain OH&S records related to the policy on document retention and destruction database at HQ and ROs.
- Administrative support for external supplier’s certification procedure.
- Maintain and update the safety data sheets (SDS) master index..
- Monitor hazard prevention program, supply chain and controls at RO´s.
- Verify pesticides and fumigation activities revision at ES.
- Support the implementation of OH&S management system (ISO 45001)
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering, Environmental Engineering or Chemical Engineering
- 3 years’ experience in similar experience or positions.
- Knowledge in Emergency Response regulations and programs.
- Knowledge in Occupational health and safety local regulations.
- Desirable ISO 45001 certification.
- Excellent computer skills including MS Office Software.
- Advanced level in English language (English test will be administered; candidate must score a minimum of C1 as per CEFR).
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Problem Solving and Decision Making, Communication, Teamwork, Critical Thinking and Negotiation and Conflict Resolution.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M21148 Occupational Health and Safety Analyst. Screening and follow up will begin on Friday, May 28, 2021. For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Ricardo Perez (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.