National Project Personnel - Finance
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
- FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background and culture
- Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented member nations and person with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Everyone who works for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct, and to uphold our values. FAO has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and FAO, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination
- All selected candidates, therefore, will undergo rigorous reference and background checks
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
- The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations depending on the evolving needs of the Organization
This position is located in FAO Representation to Pakistan, based in Quetta. The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural , fisheries and forestry sectors and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
The position is: SB III SC 6 Level
Under the overall guidance of the FAO Representative in Pakistan, close collaboration with Assistant FAO Representative (Administration) and Direct Supervision of Provincial International Program Coordinator, the Finance Associate will carry out the following tasks.
- Financial Management System complying with FAO requirements set and maintained.
- Support the management and administration of financial records and monitoring systems for the office
Tasks and responsibilities
- Prepare request for payments (Disbursement Vouchers/ Excel upload), maintain a database/monitoring system to keep track of the projects’ expenditures;
- Work closely with the finance staff in Representation office to ensure timely processing of documents
- Review and check payments & invoices requests from project offices and third parties to ensure they are in accordance with FAO rules and procedures.
- Verification of documentation for processing of payments ensuring correctness and completeness of requirements for input to the system including propriety of charge codes, validity of contracts, leases or agreements etc.
- Monitor vendor and operational / training advances and other receivables and ensure timely clearance of outstanding items, taking corrective follow up actions where required, ensure that all Operational advances are reconciled periodically.
- Reconcile Petty Cash, ensuring all disbursements are in accordance with FAO rules and procedures.
- Organise appropriate filling system, maintain records and files in accordance with FAO standard filling system.
- Support the Unit’s staff on all accounting, budget or financial queries.
- Make necessary entries/receipts in GRMS / Data entry of invoices in GRMS
- Review on quarterly basis the financial statements and identify issues (wrongly charged activities) and bring to the attention of head of office.
- Pro-actively monitor expenditure against the budget lines and inform managers on required budget constraint (over/under expenditures)
- Any other tasks assigned by Supervisor
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Masters or equivalent in administration, management, accounting and finance;
- Five years of progressively responsible accounting, financial and office management experience.
- Good knowledge of IT Skills; MS Office applications, and office technology equipment.
- Working knowledge of English, Urdu and local languages in Baluchistan.
- National of Pakistan.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
Candidates will be assessed against the requirements listed above
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: Careers@fao.org
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in its staff and international consultants in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.