Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.Description of task
The UNV Research Assistant will report to the Project Manager (PMU) . The UN Volunteer's tasks will be divided into the following core areas:
- Support Research and Monitoring and Evaluation activities on the Project;
- Support project implementation at district level;
- Perform research activities to characterize specific groups in terms of different indicators of well being;
- Performing background research assistance (qualitative and quantitative) on project activities;
- Provision of research assistance activities for all Unit initiatives;
- Provision of support on preparation of different types of executive documents derived from the advisory activities provided by the Unit to the Directorate;
- Support preparation of district level reports;
- Support the development of knowledge management and articles for publication;
- Any other duties assigned by PMU.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environment, Climate Change, Agriculture, Development Studies or related development field;
- Knowledge in research and research methodology;
- General knowledge of political and economic context in Zambia;
- General knowledge of UNDP work in Zambia is desirable.
- At least 2 years of progressive agro-processing and alternative livelihood operations;
- Some experience in research work is added advantage.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Agro-processing and alternative livelihood operations.
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Client Orientation, Commitment and Motivation, Communication, Empowering Others, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Knowledge Sharing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Technological Awareness, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections
of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink.
Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at
https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to
Application deadline: 14 June 2021