The International Solar Alliance (ISA) is an international organization headquartered in Gurgaon, National Capital Region of India. The vision and mission of the ISA is to provide a dedicated platform for cooperation among solar resource rich countries where the global community, including bilateral and multilateral organizations, corporates, industry, and other stakeholders, can make a positive contribution to assist and help achieve the common goals of increasing the use of solar energy in meeting energy needs of the ISA Member Countries in a safe, convenient, affordable, equitable and sustainable manner.
The Communications Analyst reports directly to the Chief of Unit, Communications, Events and International Partnerships. S/he works in close collaboration with the Programme Specialist, STAR-C and other Programme and Operations teams to ensure successful ISA communication strategy implementation.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Coordinate strategic advocacy and programmatic communication
- Support development of the corporate communication strategy and preparation of ISA’s Internal and External Communications Action Plan.
- Ensure advocacy and communication are on brand and aligned with the mission and vision of the ISA
- Organize publicity, advocacy, knowledge-sharing events, and promotional opportunities for the organization to support advocacy and awareness raising.
- Assist in organization and implementation of joint campaigns if required with other UN Agencies or any other partner agencies.
- Support development and implementation of ISA publications policy.
- Responsible for proofreading and editorial work; quick and detailed research for communication material
2. Coordinate the digital activities to promote results, achievements and the progress of ISA programmes and activities
- Manage digital platforms such as ISA website as well as ISA’s social media presence (Facebook, Twitter account etc.);
- Support development and implementation of a digital content strategy and manage the development of key communication products (e.g., human-interest stories, photography, video, animations, etc.).
- Update the social media channels (Facebook, twitter, and Instagram) with the focus on storytelling, video and photos related to ISA programmes, projects and activities.
- Maintain the database of photos (Flickr account and a hard disk) and videos (YouTube channel and hard disk)
3. Ensure maintenance of data bases and knowledge of programme and activities
- Update and maintain information regarding programmes/projects in line with corporate requirements.
- Coordinate inputs for the content for the ISA web site.
- Liaise with Media Companies for the publication of advertisements and placements of programme/project publications/messages
4. Ensure facilitation of knowledge building and management
- Support to programme staff in identification, documenting and drafting of success stories, best practices and lessons learned.
- Draft official briefing materials, talking points, speeches, statements, op-eds and prepare presentations, as necessary.
- Organize training for the programme/other staff on effective communications and advocacy if needed.
- Ensure the timely and efficient content development for ISA activities and events.
- Ensure compliance of communication campaign and activities within donor requirements.
Perform any other duties connected directly with communication implementation of the ISA activities as required.
Professionalism: Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines, and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors’ language, tone, style, and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
Planning and Organizing: Ability to plan and organize assignments. Identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required. Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work. Uses time efficiently. Demonstrates high degree of autonomy in the discharge of assignments.
Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
Leadership: Proven ability to lead teams of diverse staff; training and develop staff; successful counsel and conduct performance management; provide vision and direction to a team and lead the team to undertake innovative work.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent or higher) in communications, public relations, business administration, public administration, media relations, journalism, applied sciences, or related discipline required.
- A bachelors’ degree with 2 additional years of relevant professional experience may also be considered.
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant professional work experience at the national or international level in public relations, communications or managing advocacy campaigns.
- Proven relevant experience in development of dynamic web and digital media content (e.g., photo stories, videos, infographics, etc.).
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages.
- Good knowledge of and experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Previous experience working on communications with an international agency is an asset.
Language and IT skills:
- The role demands substantial writing and verbal communications skills. As English is the official and working language of the Organization, excellent command of both written and spoken English is required.
- Knowledge of other languages (i.e., French, Spanish and Arabic) would be an advantage.
- Satisfactory skills in Outlook, MS Office products, and various ERP systems is highly desirable.
Qualified candidates must apply for the above-mentioned vacancy on-line, through ISA’s portal. Any applicants who have difficulties applying through the online portal should immediately contact the ISA secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The ISA is striving to achieve gender parity at all levels as it proceeds with the recruitment of both locally and internationally recruited staff. In this regard, female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for all positions within the organization.
The ISA maintains a retirement age of 65 years.
Please note that only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted for an interview and will receive notice of the outcome of the selection process.
The ISA retains the right to cancel the selection process if it is determined in the best interest of the Organization.
The ISA does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names, and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
In addition to the salary, the ISA will provide the following allowances to the selected candidate:
a. Dependency allowances (for eligible spouse and up to 3 children)
b. Annual and sick leave (Annual leave accredited at 2.5 days per month)
c. Health insurance premium contribution as per ISA rules
d. Pension contributions (ISA will contribute a lump sum payment equivalent to UN common system rates (15.8% of net salary).
e. Income tax reimbursement (the ISA provides for national income tax reimbursement upon proof of payment