Monitoring and Reporting Associate (Locally recruited, Maternity Cover)
IDLO IN INDONESIA
The partnership between IDLO and Indonesia dates back to 2006. Over more than a decade, IDLO has worked with and supported the development of effective, accountable and inclusive justice sector institutions, and has partnered with civil society organizations and academia to enhance access to justice and the rule of law. Further building on the results achieved to date, its worldwide networks and the relationship with national counterparts, IDLO anticipates further building its programming in Indonesia, including through providing technical support to enhance the effectiveness, accountability and transparency of the Indonesian Public Prosecution Service.
The Department of Programs is the central management and coordinating function for program delivery and capacity development. It is responsible for the implementation of IDLO’s global program portfolio for field and non-field locations in line with organizational strategy. In fulfillment of IDLO’s results-based management approach to programming and commitment to monitor and report results effectively, every IDLO intervention is implemented in accordance with a Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Plan that promotes learning and accountability.
Under the supervision of the Field Program Manager, Indonesia and liaising closely with the respective colleagues in the country office as well as with colleagues in the HQ Department of Programs, the Monitoring and Reporting Associate will ensure the implementation of the MEL Plan for the Indonesia Country Office (CO) and support the effective delivery of the Indonesia programming and its reporting.
In particular, the Monitoring and Reporting Associate will be responsible for the following main duties:
- Assist in developing, updating, and maintaining the project’s Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Plan and associated Monitoring Framework in collaboration with the Program Team in Jakarta, in Rome and the HQ Monitoring Specialist, recommending improvements and revisions when necessary;
- Develop, test, and apply data collection tools to obtain monitoring data from project beneficiaries and stakeholders;
- Conduct real-time monitoring site visits to assess training quality, as required;
- Oversee data collection, including by implementing partners if relevant, and enter data into IDLO tracking tables and platforms, hereby performing quality checks of data and retrieving any missing data;
- Analyze data for programmatic learning;
- Assist the Field Program Manager in designing, drafting and reviewing of internal and donor progress reports on a monthly and quarterly basis, including final reports, as well as factsheets and training summaries and other requested products as required;
- Support external evaluation exercises as required; and
- Other relevant duties as requested by the supervisor.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
Education and Work Experience
- Undergraduate degree in Social Sciences, Economics, Law or any other related field;
- Minimum of 3-4 years of relevant M&E experience, preferably within the international development sector;
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative data collection, as well as of data analysis software such as MS Excel, Access and/or SPSS; and
- Proven experience with data management including data cleaning and data analysis.
- Experience in preparing progress reports for donors;
- Full proficiency in both oral and writing in English and Bahasa Indonesia, are required.
Specific knowledge, skills and competencies
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent use of Microsoft Office programs;
- Demonstrated experience /knowledge in designing tools and strategies for data collection, data management, analysis and production of reports;
- Good understanding of capacity assessment methodologies;
- Proven ability to develop and foster productive working relationships across a globally based organization;
- Organized, flexible, and detail-oriented and a team-player;
- Keen sense of ethics, integrity, and commitment to IDLO’s mandate;
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This is a temporary position for maternity cover. IDLO shall offer the selected candidate an affiliate contract initially for 4 months / until 31 October 2021.
IDLO Offers competitive remuneration and benefits for locally-recruited employees including comprehensive annual leave, medical insurance etc.
This vacancy is open to local nationals, permanent residents of the duty station or individuals holding other legal authorization permitting to work in the duty station.
In the interest of making most effective use of resources, only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted during the selection process.
Qualified applicants are requested to submit their application online by uploading only - i) Updated CV/Resume & ii) Cover letter.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the Employee assigned to this work. This may not be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities.
The Director-General of IDLO reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities or even to cancel the recruitment to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.