Sarajevo (Bosnia and Herzegovina)
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the UN’s global development network, working in 177 countries and territories. In line with its 2021-2025 Country Programme, UNDP in Bosnia and Herzegovina (BIH) focuses on sustainable and inclusive growth, people-centred governance and social cohesion. UNDP is fully committed to support BIH with regards to its Agenda 2030 commitments as well as the European Union (EU) accession process. The CPD outcomes correspond to 3 outcomes of the UNSDCF 2021-2025 (outcome 1 on resilient, sustainable and inclusive growth, outcome 4 on accountable and transparent governance systems, and outcome 5 on social cohesion and trust).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support to the implementation of the Country Programme related to the Sustainable Growth Sector;
- Support to projects and programmes within the Sector;
- Business Process Quality Assurance;
- Support to the Sector Management in resource mobilization;
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing within the Sector related to POPP application.
Support to the implementation of the Country Programme related to the Sustainable Growth Sector
- Collection, analysis and presentation of background information for the preparation of the Common Country Assessment (CCA), UN Development Cooperation Framework (UNSDCF), Country Programme Document (CPD), the Joint Work Plan aligned to UNSDCF outcomes, effective application of results-based management (RBM) tools and establishment of management targets;
- Provision of inputs for the Annual Planning and Reporting;
- Preparation and compiling of background information for the formulation of new programmes/projects;
- Coordination with partners on information gathering.
- Providing support to the Project Managers within the Sector in the creation of projects in Atlas, preparation of required budget revisions, revision of project award and project status, determination of unutilized funds, operational and financial closure of projects;
- Collecting and compiling, on a monthly basis, of the following inputs related to each project within the Sector: list of the activities, expenditures and results achieved during the previous month as compared to the work plan;
- Preparing information for audit of nationally implemented (NIM) projects, if NIM is applicable, supporting implementation of audit recommendations;
- Supporting smooth and timely running of NGO and UN Agency-implemented projects;
- Organizing evaluations of the Projects within the Sector;
- Coordination and organization of field visits, missions and conferences;
- Coordination and organization of special activities that go beyond a single project, such as Sector retreats.
- Ensuring that business processes are followed by projects/programme within the Sector in line with the UNDP regulations and rules and the UNDP internal control framework;
- Ensuring that submissions for the Sector Leader and Senior Management review are prepared in line with the UNDP standards, regulations and rules;
- Monitoring of Risk logs and Issue Logs for all Projects within the Sector, ensuring that they are regularly filled in by Projects;
- Acting as focal point for procurement activities within the Sector;
- Acting as focal point for recruitment activities within the Sector;
- Providing assistance to Project/Programme Managers to ensure that project reporting occurs in a timely manner as scheduled;
- Reviewing NIM projects Financial Reports, if NIM is applicable;
- Ensuring timely submission of monthly leave reports and attendance record cards by the assigned Leave Monitors within the Sector and serving as Leave Monitor for the Sector Leader.
- Analysis of information on donors, preparation of donors’ profile;
- Liaison with the donors as requested by the supervisor;
- Support to preparation of presentations and reports;
- Support to drafting of project and programme concept notes as required by the supervisor;
- Keeping track and reporting on mobilized resources. Reviewing contributions’ agreements, managing contributions in Atlas.
- Organization of trainings for the project staff within the Sector on POPP as well as on UNDP procedures;
- Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in the Sector programme;
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Innovation - Ability to make new and useful ideas work/ Level 3: Adapts deliverables to meet client needs
- Leadership - Ability to persuade others to follow/ Level 2: Proactively identifies new opportunities and challenges
- People Management - Ability to improve performance and satisfaction/ Level 3: Appropriately involves team in different stages of work and decision-making
- Communication - Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform/ Level 2: Understands, explains and shares information on assigned tasks with accuracy and clarity
- Delivery - Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement/Level 3: Takes responsibility for addressing critical situations and delivering core value
- Results-Based programme development and management/ Level 3: Implement & Manage: Exercises skills and knowledge independently, demonstrating ability to manage self and team responsibilities, in area of work
- Building Strategic Partnerships/ Level 2: Execute & Learn: Performs defined tasks efficiently and deepens knowledge of area of work
- Innovation and Marketing New approaches/ Level 2:Execute & Learn:Performs defined tasks efficiently and deepens knowledge of area of work
- Promoting organizational learning and knowledge sharing/ Level 3: Implement & Manage: Exercises skills and knowledge independently, demonstrating ability to manage self and team responsibilities, in area of work
- Client Orientation/ Level 3: Implement & Manage: Exercises skills and knowledge independently, demonstrating ability to manage self and team responsibilities, in area of work
Required Skills and Experience
- University Degree in Business, Public Administration or Economics.
- Secondary Education, preferably high school or economics with additional three years of experience may be accepted in lieu of University degree;
- Three years (six years with secondary education) of progressively responsible administrative or programme experience is required at the national or international level;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc)
- Advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web based management systems.
- Knowledge and previous experiences in provision of inputs for the Annual Planning and Reporting will be considered as an asset
- Good knowledge of finance management system used by UNDP would be an asset
- Fluency in English and B/S/C languages.
Important applicant information
All posts in the GS categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.