Finance Assistant (1)
Duty Station [Aden-Yemen]
Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) has been providing relief and development services in the Horn of Africa since 1997. Using a protection of human rights framework, DRC has mainly focused on Somalis who are displaced by conflict. Programmers include protection, livelihood, food and NFI distribution, water and sanitation, and advocacy amongst others. DRC Yemen has been providing relief and development services in Yemen since 2008. DRC has mainly focused on refugees and migrants displaced by conflict and natural disasters.
DRC, through its specialized business unit, Danish Demining Group (DDG) aims to recreate a safe environment where people can live without the threat of landmines, unexploded ordinances and small arms and light weapons”. These goals can be effectively advanced through cooperation and joint action with other organizations as well as with the integration of operations and programs with its sister organization, DRC.
About the job
DRC Yemen requires one experienced Finance assistant with significant experience to support the Finance.
Duties and Responsibilities
Finance and accounting
• Processing all Purchase order from DDX, creating vendor invoice& vendor payment journal.
• Scanning &uploading the financial documents for Purchase order at ERP System.
• Following up with the pending vendor invoices in a daily basis.
• Releasing in a monthly basis vehicle rent& Security guards for south area.
• Review& process Purchase orders for cash distributions.
• Review & process all rent of DRC buildings quartile.
• Correctly use DRC Dynamics functionalities in area of concern.
• Ensure all expenses enter the DRC accounting system in time and of highest quality.
• Check invoices, activity and account coding and prepare vouchers.
•Implement and manage all aspects of daily accounting operations. And ensure that all supporting documents are prepared and submitted in accordance with approved procedures.
• Verify that purchases have appropriate authorization and are signed by authorized team member.
• Provide technical financial support to field staff.
• Support in the implementation of financial policies and procedures.
• Support in the accruing expenditure in DDX end of grants or financial periods.
• Verification and invoicing programs hospital payments i.e. VAs/ DSAs as per updated SOPs and Financial review matrix.
• Tracking Liquidity at the bank.
• Participating in the Tendering, RFQ process.
Focal Point tasks:
• Support in follow up programs’ hospital pending advances i.e. VAs/ DSAs as per updated SOPs.
• Supporting supply chain &following up with grants closed and make sure are allocated.
DRC Dynamics ERP System
• Ensure that all cash expenditures are booked via DRC Dynamics.
• Ensure ERP finance functionalities are properly used by concerned staff and team has proper knowledge and access to information to use DRC Dynamics.
• Apply reports and data analytics from ERP system to improve performance in area of concern.
To be successful in this role you must have:
• Minimum 3 year of relevant work experience
• Experience with carrying out admin tasks
• Good communication skills
• Advanced proficiency in Excel, word and PowerPoint.
• Well-developed organizational and planning skills in order to meet deadlines
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
- Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
- Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment.
Bachelor’s degree accountancy
Professional fluency in spoken and written Arabic and advanced fluency in English is essential.
DRC will offer the successful applicant one year contract renewable dependent on both funding and performance.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment. This position will be placed at Band (I).
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button or the link below.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close June 13, 2021.
Need further information?
For more details on this position, please contact email@example.com.
Please note that applications sent directly to [firstname.lastname@example.org] will not be considered.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.ngo