Business Support Assistant (Logistics/Billing) G4 - Mazar-I-Sharif
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
This job is based in WFP Mazar-l-Sharif Field Office - Afghanistan. Job holder provide administrative support to a specific business stream in Supply Chain handling the WFP's Logistics Execution System (Billing) activities with the reporting line to the relevant Supply Chain Officer or the designate. At this level, work is carried out under minimal supervision. Job holder is expected to produce organised and accurate work, undertaking specific business support activities. He/she may offer guidance on standard practices to more junior staff in their area of work.
To deliver standard business support processes for Logistics/Billing under Supply Chain, to facilitate effective service delivery.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Gather information with clear direction to support the drafting of documents and preparing reports by other staff.
2. Respond to queries and escalate where appropriate, in order to provide a timely and accurate service to clients.
3. Support processing and managing routine administrative and financial tasks in various functional areas, to contribute to the effective and timely management of resources.
4. Provide revision and proof-reading services for standard documents, to contribute to the development of accurate documentation.
5. Take responsibility for the maintenance of set standard systems and files, to ensure information is accurate and readily available for the function.
6. Identify simple discrepancies in statistics and data, such as missing information, and report to senior staff in order to support clients to deliver their work.
7. Take responsibility for data integrity to facilitate availability of accurate information in corporate systems.
8. Provide guidance on routine business support methods and practices to junior colleagues to ensure services are delivered consistently and to the required standards.
9. Work with a variety of individuals, taking on feedback where appropriate to assist in business support delivery for staff.
10. Provide support to logistics operations and activities, following standard processes and facilitating, directly or indirectly, the effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries.
11. Support timely ordering and delivery of commodities and supplies to authorized partners and destinations.
12. Collect and compile data, produce and/or contribute to reports (e.g. CCTI, SPRs, financial closure, physical inventory, transport performance) and ensure information accuracy in corporate systems in support to informed decision-making.
13. Take responsibility as CBT focal person from Supply Chain prospective.
14. Take care of certain LESS transactions such as, STO creation, Generating Handover to CP Report etc.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of university degree (Bachelor's) in Business Administration, Commerce, Procurement, Supply Chain, Logistics, Finance or other related fields.
Experience: Three or more years of progressively responsible work experience in Logistics, Supply Chain, or Procurement with experience in general administrative work.
Language: Fluency (level C) in English language, plus Pashto and/or Dari, preferably both.
Knowledge & Skills
• Proficient in the use of office equipment and computer software packages, such as Microsoft Word.
• Knowledge of work routines and methods in order to complete processes under minimal supervision.
• Uses tact and courtesy to give and receive information to a wide range of individuals.
• Ability to identify data discrepancies and rectify problems requiring attention.
• Ability to offer guidance or basic on-the-job training to more junior staff.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Position Title: Business Support Assistant (Logisitics/Billing)
Grade: General Service - Level 4 (GS4)
Contract type: Fixed-Term - (FT) - 12 months, renewable
Duty Station/travel: Mazar-l-Sharif Field Office, Afghanistan with travel inside Afghanistan
Salary: Competivie remuneration package
Medical Plan: International valid medical plan valid also for staff, spouse and dependents children under 18 years
Annual leave: 30 working days per annum
WFP Work Envirionment: WFP is committed to ensuring that all its workplaces are free from abuse, offensive behaviour, harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. WFP is also committed to promoting a work culture in which every employee understands, and is able to carry out, his/her personal responsibilities for maintaining the dignity of work colleagues. WFP seeks to promote gender equality and the empowerment of women. We believe our mission of fighting global hunger worldwide can only be achieved if women, men, girls and boys are offered equal opportunities in terms of access to resources and services and participation in decision making roles.
WFP is seeking to improve the gender balance of its workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from qualified female candidates.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Wednesay, 16 May 2021
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.