Project Associate (Instructional Technology Design)
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
UNDP is the leading United Nations organization fighting to end the injustice of poverty, inequality, and climate change. Working with our broad network of experts and partners in 170 countries, we help nations to build integrated, lasting solutions for people and planet. Learn more at undp.org or follow at @UNDP.
In the UN Sustainable Development Summit held in September 2015, UN countries member agreed on a common development agenda, Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), which will be achieved in 2030. SDGs has 17 goals and 169 targets measured with over 300 indicators. The government of Indonesia (GoI) translated their commitment in adopting the SDGs by launching Presidential Decree No. 59 the Year 2017. The decree provided a legal framework for national and subnational governments in accelerating SDGs attainment in their respected region. It mandated the establishment of inclusive SDGs Coordination Team, mainstreaming of SDGs in planning document (RPJMN/RPJMD), preparation of National and Local Action Plan on SDGs, and annual reporting on SDGs Achievement - conducted together with 4 SDGs stakeholder pillars, namely government/parliament, private sectors/philanthropy, academic/expert, and CSO/media/community.
All SDGs have targets directly related to the responsibilities of local and regional governments. Local stakeholders need to be empowered to address SDGs issues, especially the most relevant ones to the local context. Indeed, the weakest links in Indonesia’s effort in implementing SDGs are the roles of local administrations and the roles of communities (Alisjahbana, 2016). To address this need, UNDP Indonesia establishes SDG Academy Indonesia. The SDG Academy Indonesia is a capacity building program, aiming at increasing Indonesia’s state and non-state actors’ capacities in localizing the SDGs, covering the areas of: governance and policy, innovative solution, and monitoring and reporting, but also their leadership and managerial skills needed to solve local SDGs issues.
Duties and Responsibilities
Scope of Work
a) Support the SDG Academy Indonesia to ensure excellent technology development and management focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Manages the technology related needs to facilitate SDG Academy Indonesia’s learning process and general operations;
• Supports and facilitates, as required, the development of technology platforms for learning and operations. Follows through with user feedback, progress and integrates the feedback to the future initiatives;
• Proactively coordinates all activities related to technology supported by the Technical Advisor SDGs cum Director of SDG Academy Indonesia in collaboration with stakeholders;
• Advises stakeholders on development of the learning and operation technology, including advising on creative technology design to optimize user experience;
• Carries out surveys, assessment and feedback analysis to monitor the impact of technology and to evaluate overall platforms effectiveness;
• Enhances and coordinates the design and deployment of a learning and operation platform both to staff and leaners to help them to appropriately develop requisite capacities in utilizing and optimizing the technology platforms.
b) Project Management
• Manages technology project(s) in line with UNDP’s corporate standards;
• Works with service providers (as applicable) in identifying, developing, and implementing creative solutions to support learning and general operations;
• Based on demand, follows-through on renewal / revision of technology platforms with various partners which in part calls for enhancing and customizing existing technological products.
c) Knowledge Sharing
• Promotes knowledge sharing on new approaches, thinking and ways of learning with technology;
• Develops lessons learned and data from technological platforms that inform strategic planning on corporate technology initiatives;
• Critically assesses the usage of technology platforms and develops data that improves value and Transfer-to-Practice effectiveness;
• Continuous improvement to optimize the benefit of learning technologies.
d) The incumbent of the position should avoid any kind of discriminatory behavior including gender discrimination and ensure that
• Human rights and gender equality is prioritized as an ethical principle within all actions;
• Activities are designed and implemented in accordance with “Social and Environmental Standards of UNDP”;
• Any kind of diversities based on ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, disability, religion, class, gender are respected within all implementations including data production;
• Differentiated needs of women and men are considered;
• Inclusive approach is reflected within all actions and implementations, in that sense an enabling and accessible setup in various senses such as disability gender language barrier is created;
• Necessary arrangements to provide gender parity within all committees, meetings, trainings etc. introduced.
This position is located primarily in SDG Academy Indonesia office under overall guidance of Technical Advisor SDGs cum Director of SDG Academy Indonesia to support the project on a day-to-day basis to cover instructional design technology functions.
Level 3: Implement & Manage: Exercises skills and knowledge independently, demonstrating ability to manage self and team responsibilities, in area of work
Ability to make new and useful ideas work
Ability to persuade others to follow
Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
Communication & Relationship Management
Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement
Results Based Management
Ability to manage programmes and projects with a strategy aimed at improved performance and demonstrable results
Monitoring and Evaluation
Knowledge of methodologies, assessment tools, systems and apply practical experience in planning, monitoring, evaluating and reporting and ability to apply to practical situations
Ability to manage day-to-day office activities (including but not limited to travel management, facilities and asset management, policy and procedures maintenance) to meet operational needs
Collaboration and Partnership
Ability to develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships with others inside (Programmes/projects) or outside the organization who can provide information, assistance, and support. Sets overall direction for the formation and management of strategic relationships contributing to the overall positioning of UNDP
Learning and Development
Knowledge of enterprise learning and development issues, concepts, and principles, and ability to apply them to enhance the fulfillment and performance of employees
Gender Issues and Analysis
Knowledge of gender issues and the ability to apply to strategic and/or practical situations, including analysis of projects from a gender perspective
Required Skills and Experience
Minimum Academic Education
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Information Technology, Computer Science, and other relevant fields of study
Minimum years of relevant Work experience
Minimum 4 years of relevant professional experience, preferably in the field of Development, Education, or other related areas
Required skills :
- Solid technical knowledge in Learning Technology and Learning Management System;
- Proficiency in core programming languages;
- Good understanding on data structures;
- Excellent operational design thinking
Desired additional skills:
- Demonstrated familiarity with UNDP development projects in Indonesia;
- Familiarity with Moodle, Open edX, WordPress;
- Experience in managing Google Cloud Platform (Compute Engine, Database, Load Balancer);
- Basic knowledge in User Experience (UX);
- Knowledge and experience in Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) related projects;
- Sufficient network with government and private sector.
Required Language(s) (at working level):
Ability to written and spoken in Bahasa Indonesia and English is required.
a) Personal CV or P11 with three referees;
b) Completed cover letter (maximum length: 1 page) indicating why you are the most suitable candidate for the work;
c) Managers may ask (ad hoc) for any other materials relevant to pre-assessing the relevance of experience, such as reports, presentations, publications, campaigns or other materials.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Please note that the person selected for this position will be offered a contract with UNDP under its National Personnel Services Agreement (N-PSA) modality; the UNDP Service Contract modality is phasing out over the coming year.