Private Partnerships Associate
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian agency working to create a world with zero hunger. WFP and its partners believe that no child should go to bed hungry and that individual and collective wellbeing can only be achieved if all children, women and men get the nutritious food they need to lead healthy, dignified lives. Each year, WFP assists 86.7 million people in 83 countries. Every day, some 5,600 WFP-chartered trucks are on the road, 92 planes are in the air and 20 ships are at sea. These numbers speak to WFP’s unparalleled reputation as an emergency responder, one that is often the first on the scene in the most difficult environments. WFP also works with partners to strengthen the resilience of communities most vulnerable to hunger and malnutrition through long-term development programmes aimed at boosting food security, local economies, education, employment and gender equality. While hunger and malnutrition are the world’s largest solvable issues, the needs are still immense and growing. 821 million people in the world suffer from chronic hunger.
To get to a world with Zero Hunger faster, WFP is investing in and growing private sector fundraising and partnerships to reach more people. This is an exciting opportunity for experienced professionals to co-develop and implement the new global foundation engagement strategy of WFP as part of our new private partnerships and fundraising strategy.
The Private Partnerships and Fundraising Division (PPF) is responsible for engaging the private sector (corporations, individuals, foundations) through high-impact partnerships in support of WFP's strategic priorities, and through individual giving to build and retain support from the general public worldwide.
PPF strives to mobilize funding, technical assistance, innovative solutions and visibility and awareness to help WFP fulfil its mission and operations. From WFP’s headquarters in Rome, PPF also provides guidance to WFP Regional Bureaux (RB), Country Offices (COs) and HQ Functional Units on partnership development, best practices, compliance and rules and regulations for engaging with the private sector.
PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The Private Partnerships and Fundraising (PPF) division is undergoing an exciting transformation and is looking for a motivated individual to join as a crucial part of the team. The private sector is uniquely qualified to play a leadership role in ending hunger. Some of the largest and most respected brands and companies in the world – such as Mastercard (MC), Royal DSM, Facebook, Google and many others – are helping achieve zero hunger by enabling WFP to strengthen operations, reach more people, fund lifesaving programs and build public support. They choose to partner with WFP because of WFP’s reach, scale and track record to create innovative partnerships that leverage their unique strengths and create lasting impact.
WFP’s partnership with MC, a partner since 2012, was transformed in 2017 with MC’s “100 million meals” initiative, and MC is one of WFP’s largest corporate partners. The partnership is multifaceted – with two key pillars: fundraising/cause marketing and expertise/shared value -- and is evolving as we develop a new strategy. PPF requires a Partnerships Associate (junior consultant) to support the partnership.
Supervision: The Partnership Associate reports to the PPF Partnership Adviser in NY.
General description: The goal of this position is to support the global WFP-Mastercard partnership and help achieve the objectives of the partnership plan. The Partnerships Associate will be responsible for liaising with the PPF global team and across WFP as well as with MC to provide general support for activities and queries, and to take the lead on developing and implementing processes, tools and information management to add value and help make the partnership more efficient and effective.
- Develop and maintain global partnership processes
- Set up and maintain processes to track Mastercard activities, and act as focal point to inform and train the PPF Mastercard team on processes/information management including tools, legal, due diligence, financial, and other questions;
- Create and maintain systems to ensure accurate record-keeping of donor intelligence on Salesforce, Teams and Sharepoint and provide information and support to WFP partnership managers around the world, in conjunction with PPF’s Global Services/Finance teams;
- Work with PPF Finance to ensure proper management of donations, grant registrations and grant extensions, fulfilment of contractual obligations, and efficient funding allocation in line with WFP’s operations and the global Mastercard funding allocation strategy;
- Facilitate processing of Mastercard’s donation technologies including their donation platform; and
Take the lead on the global partnership processes document.
- Relationship management
- Act as focal point for designated members of the global partnership team and others at MC. Plan and lead calls; request information and respond to requests from MC; and
- Proactively suggest ideas to enhance and streamline the way we work together.
- Create and contribute to reports and tools
- For example, toolkits, one-pagers, presentations, case studies, newsletters, templates for ISAs, communications guidelines, etc.;
Annual reports to be shared with Mastercard leadership:
- Financial reports – create reports, and engage with PPF Finance and Global Services to ensure coherency between internal and external financial reporting;
- Impact reports – work with WFP Country Offices to gather information, and support the development compelling impact reports; and
- Collect and analyze data to inform strategic decision-making and assess partnership performance.
- General partnership management/support
- Contribute to the global MC account plan and forecasts, and support the planning/forecasting process;
- Support coordination of Mastercard field visits;
- Lead or support coordination of senior-level meetings and leadership engagement;
- Provide support and guidance to regional PPF partnership managers for local campaigns and activities; and
- Lead or support response to ad-hoc Mastercard requests, WFP information needs and special projects as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Terms and Conditions
11-month consultancy, renewable upon fundings. WFP offers a competitive compensation package which will be determined by role’s responsibilities and deliverables (please note that as per UN WFP policy the offer is never assessed on personal qualifications and expectations).
Visit the website for detailed information on working with WFP: http://www.wfp.org - Click on: “Our work” and “Countries” to learn more about our operations.
Duty Station: Rome, Italy.
Deadline for applications: 20.06.2021
Qualified female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply.
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
We greatly appreciate your interest in WFP and joining our mission to achieve Zero Hunger by 2030 - Saving Lives, Changing Lives!