Recruitment Assistant GSSU
Panama (United States of America)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Full compliance of recruitment processes and records with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Input to recruitment business processes mapping and elaboration of the content of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in recruitment management in consultation with direct supervisors and GSSU management.
- Support to the preparation of draft terms of reference, vacancy announcements, screening of applicants, evaluation of candidate applications, gathering of candidate references, organization of interview panels, finalization of candidate selection/approvals and handover of completed recruitment cases to the GSSU Benefits and Entitlements Team for hiring, onboarding and contract management.
- Support to the communication with candidates as it relates to the outcome of their applications.
- Provide assistance with the production of insightful recruitment analytics reports with regard to critical vacancies taking into account UNDP’s corporate priorities of gender parity and workforce diversity.
- Support the maintenance and update of recruitment measurements and tracking systems.
- Contribute to the maintenance and update of candidate rosters
- Support Team members to meet the goals of the Team and GSSU RSC.
- Provide support on the reduction of costs of operations and related costs to clients and partners and assist Country Offices with the validation and timely recovery of charges related to recruitment services provided to projects and/or other UN Agencies.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by direct supervisors.
- Ensures that knowledge management distribution/system contains accurate and comprehensive coverage of recruitment, selection and placement matters.
- Contribute to the identification of the need for new and/or modified policies and practices and initiate or propose actions required. Actively liaise with direct supervisors to seek policy clarifications and/or identify agreed solutions.
- Support to periodic training courses on local recruitments for Country Offices and the Regional Hub.
- Contribute to continuous learning and development for recruitment by pursuing own development and acquire new knowledge with recruitment best practices.
- Innovation - Ability to make new and useful ideas work.
- Leadership - Ability to persuade others to follow.
- People Management - Ability to improve performance and satisfaction.
- Communication - Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform.
- Delivery - Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement.
- Analyzes general information and selects materials in support of partnership building initiatives.
- Researches best practices and poses new, more effective ways of doing things.
- Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position.
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures. relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks.
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments.
- Demonstrates ability to identify problems and proposes solutions.
- Supports transparency and equity in transactions and service delivery.
- Uses information/databases/other management systems.
- Reports to internal and external clients in a timely and appropriate fashion.
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines.
- Responds to client needs promptly.
- Gathers and disseminates information on best practice in accountability and results-based management systems.
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary education. BA/BSc degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Social Sciences, International Relations and any other related fields would be desirable but it is not a requirement.
- Minimum five (5) years (with Secondary education), or, minimum two (2) years (with Bachelor Degree) of relevant experience in administrative support services; preferably recruitment.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.).
- Experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Experience with talent acquisition software and platforms is meritorious.
- Fluency in English and in Spanish (both written and verbal).
- Working knowledge of other UN language(s) would be an advantage.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
From the 15th June, the contract modality will be converted to National Personnel Services Agreement (NPSA).
Multiple positions. **This Posting is open just for Panamanian citizens or foreign persons with permanent residence and a valid work permit.**
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.