Driver with own vehicle
Danish Refugee Council, one of the world's leading humanitarian NGOs that promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems of refugees and internally displaced persons around the world, is currently looking for a qualified Driver with own vehicle in the Sievierodonetsk office.
Overall purpose of the role:
- Ensure safe and timely transportation of DRC staff to any location in the area of operation, as well as meet the criteria of an international non-governmental organization driver
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Ensure the availability of the vehicle for the transportation of staff at any time during working hours.
- Fill out the daily driver’s logbook, duplicating the entry of information into the electronic DRC system.
- Complete and timely submit the required documents and information in accordance with the reporting instructions.
- Be responsible for the use of the vehicle.
- Ensure that the car is clean, including the engine, car body and interior.
- Ensure that the vehicle is equipped in accordance with the driver’s manual at all times.
- Make sure all passengers wear their seat belts while driving.
- Ensure the continued safety of the vehicle and property inside the vehicle.
- Carry out all other duties assigned by management.
- Observe traffic rules.
- Monitor the fuel level, equipment with an inflated spare wheel and its proper technical condition.
Preferred vehicle type:
• Vehicle not older than 7 years
• Spacious car (sedan, station wagon, minivan) in good condition, with adequate fuel consumption
• The car must be in good technical and aesthetic condition both inside and outside. The car must not have airbrushing or stickers. All elements of passive and active safety must be in working order (including rear seat belts)
• Vehicle color white or gray (including shades).
• The car must have a working air conditioning and interior heating system
Required experience and competencies
- Driving license B,C category
- Secondary / higher education
- Trouble-free driving experience 5-7 years
- Ability to freely navigate the terrain, excellent knowledge of the terrain and all possible routes to the required objects
- Technical expertise for basic car repair; knowledge of the technical device of the car and its operation.
- Punctuality and adherence to rules and procedures
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality with respect to information and data related to work
- Good computer literacy (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Written and spoken Russian and Ukrainian language; knowledge of English is encouraged
- Work experience in humanitarian or international organizations will be an advantage.
- An interesting opportunity to work with the International Humanitarian Organization
- Contract length: 3 months probationary period with the possibility of extension based on available funding.
- Medical insurance
The application is open for Ukraine citizens only. Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council's Terms of Employment for National Staff.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Clothing date for applications: June 20, 2021.
DRC reserves the right to recruit a candidate before the final date of advertisement
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC's core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
- Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
- Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC's values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.