|CTG Overview||CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
|Overview of position||
|Key competencies||The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following organizational values:
Values - all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following behavioral competencies:
• Accepts and gives constructive criticism
• Follows all relevant procedures, processes, and policies
• Meets deadline, cost, and quality requirements for outputs
• Monitors own work to correct errors
• Takes responsibility for meeting commitments and for any shortcomings
• Identifies the immediate and peripheral clients of own work
• Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with clients
• Identifies and monitors changes in the needs of clients, including donors, governments, and project beneficiaries
• Demonstrates interest in improving relevant skills
• Demonstrates interest in acquiring skills relevant to other functional areas
• Keeps abreast of developments in own professional area
• Contributes to colleagues' learning
• Actively shares relevant information
• Clearly communicates and listens to feedback on changing priorities and procedures
• Writes clearly and effectively, adjusting wording to the intended audience
• Listens effectively and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
Creativity and Initiative
• Proactively develops new ways to resolve problems
Leadership and Negotiation
• Shares and convinces others to share resources
• Presents goals as shared interests
Planning and Organizing
• Sets clear and achievable goals, plans, deliverables and deadlines consistent with agreed priorities for self
• Identifies priority activities and assignments for self
• Organizes and documents work to allow for planned and unplanned handovers
• Identifies risks and makes contingency plans
• Ability to work proactively, with common sense and strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to work independently in challenging settings and under pressure, while respecting tight deadlines
• Masters subject matter related to responsibilities
• Identifies issues, opportunities, and risks central to responsibilities
• Incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, and concerns, and promotes equal gender participation
• Persistent, calm, and polite in the face of challenges and stress
• Treats all colleagues with respect and dignity
• Works effectively with people from diverse cultures by adapting to relevant cultural contexts
• Knowledgeable about and promotes IOM core mandate and migration solutions
• Actively contributes to an effective, collegial and harmonious team environment
• Contributes to and follows team objectives
• Seeks input and feedback from others
• Actively supports and implements final group decisions
• Takes joint responsibility for team's work
• Proactively identifies and advocates for cost-efficient technological and administrative solutions
• Understands applicability and limitation of technology and seeks to apply it to appropriate work
Internal candidates of the organization as well as external female candidates, will be considered as first-tier candidates. This vacancy is also open to second-tier candidates.
The appointment is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.