Archives Assistant (G4)
Under the supervision of the National Executive Officer, the Archives Assistant is involved in all activities related to the Programme Office in Bishkek (POiB) archives management in the registration, distribution, monitoring, release upon request, receipt, retention and disposal of archival material. The Archives Assistant ensures that the integrity of archive digital records is maintained and assists mission members with the management of programme archival records and provides other administrative and clerical support for the POiB.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Under the overall supervision of the National Executive Officer, the successful candidate will be tasked with the following duties:
- Act as a responsible person for the maintenance of the POiB archives by means of registration, distribution, monitoring, release upon request, receipt and proper filing of the paper records; disposal as per the retention requirements and with prior notice to the National Executive Officer/ RMFP about necessity of the further destruction action. Explain archive requirements and procedures for other staff and provide guidance in the identification and processing of programme archive material.
- Digitalizing and ensuring the high quality of the metadata for electronic records database
- Reviews documents for content and, under guidance of the supervisor, assigns document classifications and registration numbers and transfers files to POiB archives
- Conducting clean up Days for POiB staff on records purposes
- Serving as a back-up person for other local mission members in OHoM during their absence
- Performs other related duties as requested.
For more detailed information on the structure and work of the OSCE Programme Office in Bishkek, please see: https://www.osce.org/programme-office-in-bishkek
- Completed secondary education preferably complemented by training in secretarial or clerical skills;
- Minimum three years of relevant work experience;
- Good written and oral communication skills in English , Russian and in local language;
- Computer literate with practical experience in Microsoft Office applications.
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, and an ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities;
- Ability and willingness to work as a member of team, with people of different cultural, and religious backgrounds, different gender, and diverse political views, while maintaining impartiality and objectivity;
- Computer literate with practical experience using Microsoft applications.
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions is 754.41 Euro/month. Social benefits will include Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe participation in the Cigna medical insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund.
Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale.
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under https://jobs.osce.org/vacancies.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise/re-post the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
Only those candidates who are selected to participate in the subsequent stages of recruitment will be contacted.
Please note that vacancies in the OSCE are open for competition only amongst nationals of participating States, please see https://www.osce.org/participating-states.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization.
Candidates should be aware that OSCE officials shall conduct themselves at all times in a manner befitting the status of an international civil servant. This includes avoiding any action which may adversely reflect on the integrity, independence and impartiality of their position and function as officials of the OSCE. The OSCE is committed to applying the highest ethical standards in carrying out its mandate. For more information on the values set out in OSCE Competency Model, please see https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/our-competency-model.
Please note that for this position the OSCE does not reimburse expenses such as travel in connection with interviews, tests, visas and relocation.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.