Training of Trainers for the EmPower project (Filipino Nationals Only)
Home Based - May require travel (Home Based)
The EmPower: Women for Climate–Resilient Societies is a 5-year project (2018-2022) implemented jointly by UN Women and UN Environment in Bangladesh, Cambodia, Viet Nam and regionally in Asia and the Pacific, with the support of the Swedish International Development Agency (EmPower website). EmPower envisions women and marginalized groups in Asia and the Pacific becoming more resilient to the adverse impacts of climate change and disasters. EmPower aims to strengthen gender equality and human rights in climate change and disaster risk actions in the Asia and the Pacific region. To achieve this outcome, EmPower has invested in five output areas of: 1) women’s leadership, 2) gender statistics for decision-making, 3) gender-responsive climate changes, 4) renewable energy for resilient livelihoods and 5) regional engagement.
Under the output 1, EmPower partnered with ARROW to implement 3 Trainings of Trainers (ToTs) based on the Training of Trainer’s Manual: Gender and Climate Change Resilience in 3 EmPower pilot countries: Vietnam, Bangladesh, and Cambodia in May-June 2021. The trainers are appointed by civil society organisations (CSOs). The EmPower team aims to amplify the impact of the capacity building in 3 additional countries: Thailand, Nepal, and Philippines. The ToTs would be in a complete virtual modality, considering current situations of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The UN Women Philippines Country Office (CO) is hiring a national consultant to organise/implement the ToTs under the guidance from UN Women country office (CO), the EmPower team, and an international consultant (hired by EmPower). Most of contents needed for ToTs are already in the training manual, and lessons learnt and some ToT materials from ToTs in pilot countries would be available by the end of June 2021 to help the organisation of the additional ToTs. The national consultant is required to implement one ToT (3 days long, maximum 4 hours/day). The ToT would be held in August 2021.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Programme Analyst, COVID-19 and Humanitarian Action (Philippines), the consultant will perform the following tasks:
- Develop a ToT package in Filipino (including final versions of the training needs assessment, a concept note, agendas/programmes for ToTs, invitations, presentations/handouts/supporting documents and any needed documents for ToTs) to be approved by Programme Analyst;
- Conduct a scoping assessment of CSOs working in gender and climate change adaptation to determine participants for the ToT;
- Work with the Programme Support Consultant to prepare and finalize participants list, finalize and send out invitations, hire additional consultancies for services required for the ToT, finalize programme of activities and training materials, and other coordination requirements for the ToT;
- Conduct a training needs analysis and pre-test of relevant topics within the ToT, and a reflection session under the guidance from the international consultant;
- Support the international consultant on her/his sessions with interpretation to local language if needed, contextualising the sessions in the country-specific contexts;
- Lead and moderate sessions in Filipino on several topics including gender mainstreaming in climate actions and related policies/mechanisms. Contextualise the examples for the sessions where possible (*note: the topics would be finalised after the discussion between international/national consultants or a CSO, the UN Women Philippines Programme Office, and EmPower);
- Generate a ToT report in English and provide further information for ToT reports requested by the international consultant;
- Support the collection of communication & Public Relations materials under the guidance of EmPower and the UN Women Philippines Programme Office (minimum of 3 videos and 3 sets of quotes/pictures from participants about their reflection).
- EXPECTED DELIVERABLES AND TIMEFRAME
| || |
15 July 2021
| || |
31 July 2021
| || |
31 August 2021
| || |
15 September 2021
* Note: all deliverables need to be in line with UN Women guidelines and templates provided by EmPower.
Knowledge and experience:
- Demonstrated knowledge of gender equality, humanitarian action or response to public health emergencies, and the Asia-Pacific region.
- Excellent writing skills. Experience writing project proposals, donor reports, and policy briefs.
- Knowledge of online communications platforms an advantage.
- Previous experience with UN Women and other UN agencies an advantage.
- Fluency in English, with knowledge of other languages spoken in the Asia-Pacific region and other UN languages an advantage.
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the United Nations' values and ethical standards.
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of the UN and UN Women.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Ability and willingness to work as part of a team to meet tight deadlines and produce high quality work.
Required Skills and Experience
DURATION OF ASSIGNMENT AND DUTY STATION
The time required for the consultancy is within the period from 1st July to 30 September 2021. This post is home-based, however, preferably in Philippines.
The consultant or the CSO will work under the direct supervision of the UN Women Philippines Programme Presence Office, who will be responsible for the quality assurance of the deliverables.
SCHEDULE OF PAYMENTS
Payment in full upon final submission and satisfactory deliverables submitted.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A master’s degree in the field of international development, gender studies, and climate related area. A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree;
- Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience, with demonstrable expertise in the thematic areas of gender and/or climate change, preferably in the Asia-Pacific region;
- Experience on coordination and organization of trainings of trainers, workshops, or other trainings on gender and climate change. Organizing events in interactive virtual modalities are mandatory;
- Knowledge on the intersectionality of gender and/or climate change, existing network or CSOs in the country working on gender and/or climate change;
- Proficiency in English and Filipino;
- Experience working with the UN Agencies or other international organizations, and Member States in Asia – Pacific is advantageous.
Financial/Price Proposal evaluation:
- All financial proposals must be given in PHP.
- Only the financial proposal of candidates who have attained a minimum of 70% score in the technical evaluation will be considered and evaluated.
- The total number of points allocated for the price component is 100.
- The maximum number of points will be allotted to the lowest price proposal that is opened/ evaluated and compared among those technical qualified candidates who have attained a minimum of 70% score in the technical evaluation. All other price proposals will receive points in inverse proportion to the lowest price.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION
Interested applicants are requested to submit documents listed below to UN Women via email: firstname.lastname@example.org and cc email@example.com, not later than 16 June 2021, 23:59 PM BKK Time. Late submission will be rejected.
- Updated CV and Personal History Form (P11) - The P11 Form can be downloaded from the following website: http://asiapacific.unwomen.org/en/about-us/jobs;
- At least 1 reference letter or report of previous experience in gender and climate change;
- A financial proposal using the template attached, reflecting the daily professional fee (*note: number of days refers to actual days that the consultant works to produce deliverables as required by the ToR, NOT the number of days covering the whole period of consultancy.)