Asset Management Assistant - Global Fund
Duties and Responsibilities
- Full compliance with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, and policies of financial activities, financial recording/reporting system and follow-up on audit recommendations; implementation of effective internal controls, proper functioning of a client-oriented financial resources management system.
- Support the Finance Specialist/Analyst in the preparation of audits, and timely follow up on audit recommendations related to asset management.
- Ensures implementation of effective internal controls and checks to ensure appropriate use, maintenance, completeness, and accuracy of assets records.
- Supports the development of project finance business processes mapping and elaboration of the content of internal Standard Operating Procedures in Finance in consultation with Country Office.
- Supports the asset procurement planning process based on needs assessment, asset distribution process and ensures the readiness of SRs/SSRs to assume custody of the assets; and
- Elaborates proposals and implementation of cost saving and reduction strategies in consultations with PMU units.
- Act as an Asset Focal point for PR/SR assets in the maintenance of records on assets management.
- Ensure that all custodians of grant assets are familiar with the UNDP and Global Fund Asset Management rules and regulations.
- Ensures the proper tagging of projects assets before distribution to SRs /SSRs and that assets financed by Global Fund resources are identifiable.
- In consultation with SRs, develop annual asset verification plans and monitor the implementation of these plans.
- Reviews regular reports on asset management and status from SRs and highlight issues to the Finance Specialist.
- Develops a work plan for the periodic reviews and/or assessments of the current condition and expected estimated remaining useful life of the Fixed Assets are completed.
- Conducts regular reconciliation of project expenditures on asset acquisition with asset registers to confirm the completeness of asset registers.
- Conducts regular asset verifications and at least one annual physical inventory of assets for all grants.
- Tracks and ensures adequacy of assets insurance in line with UNDP guidelines.
- Ensures that all PMU assets are recorded in Atlas and grant asset register as per UNDP guidelines.
- Maintains an up-to-date consolidated asset register of all assets with PR and SRs/SSRs for the current grants.
- Ensures that assets in the custody of PMU staff and employees are recorded and a log of movement of assets is kept.
- Ensures that transfer of assets to implementing partners is properly documented and in accordance with UNDP rules and regulations.
- Ensure that periodic review of assets for disposal during grant implementation and at the end of the grant and makes appropriate recommendations for disposal as per UNDP rules and regulations.
- Ensure that Atlas and all UNDP records are updated accordingly on transfer or disposal of Assets.
- On loss of assets through theft or damage, ensure that cases are properly reported and documented as per the UNDP guidelines for purposes of asset retirement and / or disciplinary action, and.
- Ensures the submission of Request for Disposal / Transfer to the internal review committee for review and recommendation to the authorizing officer.
- Organization of trainings for the operations/ projects staff on asset management.
- Training of SRs and SSRs engaged in the conduct of physical inventory.
- Strengthen assets management procedures at SRs and SSRs.
- Provide technical support to SRs and SSRs in reinforcing the Global Fund asset management functions.
- Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in asset management to build the capacity with relevant partners.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary Education, preferably with specialized certification in Accounting and Finance.
- University Degree in Business or Public Administration desirable, but it is not a requirement.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive relevant finance experience at the national or international level is required.
- Knowledge of UN or UNDP rules, policies, and procedures, is an asset.
- Knowledge of Global Fund’s rules, policies and procedures is an asset.
- Experience in the management of assets is an asset.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Fluency in English with good verbal and written skills.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.