Supply Chain Assistant - West Pokot
Supply Chain Assistant will work under the supervision of the Supply Chain Officer and should be a strong team member who can assist in the continued development of the logistics team and contribute to the further effective running of IRC programs.
- The implementation and / or maintenance of standard IRC Kenya procurement procedures.
- Ensuring that procurement services are carried out in accordance with IRC Kenya and donor-specific polices.
- Coordination with Finance, Admin, and program departments to ensure coordinated internal controls, timely payment of vendors and full, auditable support documentation.
- Ensuring a transparent and responsive procurement process is implemented and maintained.
- Routine communication, coordination, and planning with the relevant requesting staff / programs regarding the order and delivery of supplies.
- Ensuring that all Supplies, services, and equipment required are delivered in time.
- Establishment and maintenance of ethical, professional working relationships with suppliers.
- Maintain supplier information for regularly purchased items and be advised of current market conditions.
- Supervise staff, assigning of duties through Delegation, supervising the performance and regularly evaluating staff directly supervised by you.
- Guide on procurement-specific issues or improvements.
- Receive purchase request, process quotation, process purchase orders and payments.
- Make sure the warehouses looked after, ensuring that updating of stock records is done daily both on the Bin card and stock cards.
- Certify that stores’ procedures are adhered to by all staff.
- Ensure that there is Controlled access to all IRC stores verify stores premises are secure.
- Have a well maintained stores filing system.
- Make certain efficient storage and inventory system is maintained and review monthly stock reports.
- Confirm office, residence, and store’s inventory is done monthly.
Assets and Equipment management
- Maintain a monthly updated asset register and make sure updated asset, inventory sheets are well kept.
- Verify that all IRC property is well maintained. Also handle fleet.
- Guarantee assets that are allocated to individuals are signed off on the equipment issue form.
- Certify that the premises are well looked after.
- Check that the movement of IRC assets is supervised, and the vital documentation is done when an asset changes its status.
- Ensure that an up-to-date filing system for all assets maintained. Also review all monthly asset reports.
- Recommend assets for disposal and ensure that the vital paperwork is prepared.
Supply Chain Reports
- Weekly PR Tracking status report, monthly Assets, Inventory and Fleet reports.
- Data collection.