Victim Services Intern
Tucson (United States of America)
The Center for Wellbeing team provides intensive case management to survivors of torture, victims of crime, victims of human trafficking and asylum-seeking families living in Arizona. The Victim Services intern will work closely with the Caseworkers and Wellness Team to provide culturally competent, comprehensive services to refugee, foreign national, and immigrant survivors of war, violence, displacement, and trauma. In addition, they will learn how to provide trauma-informed, victim-centered, strengths-based services that promote health and safety, inspire confidence, respects choice, and assists survivors towards independence.
Please note that this is an unpaid position.
In-person interns are preferred for this position, but some remote interns and/or hybrid in-person/remote interns may be accepted.
- Learn how to provide trauma informed and victim centered services to vulnerable refugees and immigrants that have experienced significant trauma
- Provide direct service to clients through one-on-one interactions (in office and home visits)
- Provide training for the clients including cultural orientation, transportation, life skills, job readiness training, banking, budgeting classes and client rights and responsibilities
- Assist clients with connecting to community resources (including: food banks, libraries, shelters, etc.)
- Coordinate individual appointment logistics with health or social providers
- Provide transportation for client appointments, as needed
- Collaborate with IRC staff and community partners to enhance activities and supplement services to clients
- Assist with facilitating psycho-social support groups when needed
- Research other community resources and continue to expand the resource lists
- Document all activities in case notes and send weekly client reports &Input client data in tracking systems
- Other relevant program support duties, as assigned
Reports To: Haley Kimberlin