Education Team Leader Afghanistan Khost
Purpose of the position:
The purpose of the Education Team Leader position is to implement Education project portfolio in Khost province. Contribute in Education strategy development, Implementation of Education program activities within Khost province.
- Line management of Education project field staff.
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures.
- Contribute to Education strategy development, project proposals and provide input on needs and gaps.
- Manage and implement delegated portfolio of Education projects (activities, budget and project documentation) as delegated from line manager in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements, and ensure high technical quality.
- Provide regular progress reports to line manager and Education CC Specialist (AM and Education CC Specialist if no PM).
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection, explore and asses new and better ways to assist.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement and necessary changes in the activities.
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills.
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders.
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees, and vulnerable host community in line with the advocacy strategy.
- Development of holistic and needs based programmes, including cash-based interventions and marked based programmes.
- Take the lead on the design, planning, implementation and M&E of the Education program in assigned area/province.
- Capacity building of Education staff for the implementation of EiE classes or other Education program related components.
- Ensuring accountable data base for Education project according to all the components of project and regular update of data collection.
- Support Education team and line manager in the implementation of Components of the Education program.
- Take the lead and coordinate with HR/Finance on the recruitments, contracts, payments of EIE teachers and other community based eduation staff.
- Coordinate with logistic for the development and update of Procurement Plan and BoQs.
- Community Mobilization and engaging the community in activities, establishing Community Advisory Boards and in facilitating the community understanding of the overall project.
- Monitor ALP/EiE/CBE classes and provide needed advisory for better implementation.
- Ensure the inclusion of cash-based interventions and marked based programmes in country and area-based strategies and their implementation across and within NRC’s core competencies.
- Provide an enabling environment for the implementation of cash-based interventions, including multi-purpose cash assistance, emergency cash responses.
- Any other task as assigned by line manager/ AM or Education CC Specialist.
Generic professional competencies:
- University degree in Education / Management / Development or equivalent. Master is an asset;
- At least 4 years’ relevant experience in implementation of education or similar projects in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Experience of working in Education in Emergency is an advantage.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of cash-based interventions and market based programmes.
Context related skills; knowledge and experience:
- Should have geographical experience.
- Knowledge of the local language (Pashto).
- Strong management skills, including personnel and financial management.
- Experience in capacity building and training of staff.
- Experience of proposal and report writing.
- Experience in logistics and administrative management.
- Experience of coordination and advocacy work.
- Political and cultural awareness and experience of working where insecurity is an issue.
- Strong analytical thinking skills (qualitative and qualitative).
- Advanced computer skills.
- Monthly Salary based on NRC Afghanistan Salary Scale.
- NRC has medical coverage for staff plus 4 dependents.
- Eid Bonus once per year.
- Leave and Holidays accordingly Afghanistan Labour Law.
- Top up Credit card on monthly basis.