Global Service Desk Associate G6 - ITM BMS
Panama (United States of America)
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
The United Nations Development Programme is the global development network of the United Nations system that is on the ground in 177 countries, with its Headquarters in New York, USA. The Bureau for Management Services (BMS) is a central Bureau tasked with the development of corporate strategies, policies, tools and systems in key cross-cutting management areas. Drawing on sound analytics and a risk-management approach, BMS supports the achievement of development results through management advice, innovative business solutions, and other corporate services in line with international best practices and evolving needs and expectations of development partners. BMS also ensures policy adherence in operations management within UN Rules & Regulations, safeguarding UNDP’s accountability vis-à-vis Member States and other stakeholders.
UNDP is an operational backbone to the UN system: providing payroll, financial transactions, common premises, treasury investments, procurement, legal services to UN agencies. UNDP provides IT support for 13 UN entities with 40,000 United Nations and external users of the UNDP’s Atlas ERP system, as well as information and communication technology (ICT) and application solutions for the United Nations field presence. To support the UNDP Digital Strategy 2020-2023 and enable the digital transformation of the organization, the Information and Technology Management (ITM) Office is tasked with developing and operating the enabling corporate technology platforms and providing related services that power the digital transformation including: (1) advice, administration and acceleration services to promote delivery of maximum business value of each platform; (2) a global service desk operation; (3) and outreach services to promote knowledge sharing and effective, agile planning and governance of technology development and utilization.
Within the Information and Technology Management (ITM) Office is the Global Support and Capacity Services that has the basic mandate of providing a single point of contact to manage client support, service requests and incidents related to the organization’s corporate applications including Enterprise Resource Planning systems, Content Management systems (SharePoint Online and AEM/Adobe CQ5), Microsoft collaboration tools among others.
The unit is currently operating on a follow-the-sun method providing support to UNDP country offices in the Asia Pacific, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, North and South America time zones. In addition, it provides extended support to various units within the Information and Technology Management (ITM) Office; and, to various offices and work streams within the Bureau of Management Services (BMS) and UNDP partners across the globe.
To meet increasing end-user requirements, the Global Support and Capacity Services is seeking to retain the services of a Service Desk Associate for an initial period of one year. The successful candidate will join the unit in supporting the global user community as well as identifying evolving user support needs for the corporate applications and tools identified above. The incumbent will also work closely with various UNDP units in support of the applications/tools and functions, as well as user education and adaption.
The Global Service Desk Associate is expected to make informed decisions on specific-trouble-shooting details following careful analysis of cases using our official ticketing system and ensure timely coordination with other members of the team, with other partners should a business decision is required.
As a member of the Global Support and Capacity Services team, the incumbent is responsible for providing logical recommendations based on standard operating procedures (SOP), UNDP guidelines and corporate applications that have direct impact on the operational effectiveness of the service desk in carrying out client/user support and other corporate functions.
Duties and Responsibilities
Provide reliable incident identification and resolution support:
- To provide Tier-1 support including incident identification and resolution in areas of UNDP IT applications and platforms, IT Infrastructure, Microsoft collaboration tools using the ITSM.
- To escalate and to follow-up issues to different support teams if needed.
- To track user trends and issues and escalate these to appropriate teams including United Nations International Computing Center (UNICC) and Production Support team.
Assist in system enhancements and end-user trainings:
- To assist in the testing of new UNDP IT platforms and system enhancements, corporate applications including collaboration tools providing feedback to developers, track leaders and business focal points.
- To assist in developing training to be delivered to the user community at various levels of complexity and to serve as a resource person for corporate training activities whenever required.
Provide support for corporate assistance and improvements:
- To provide emergency support assistance or facilitation in operations for country offices at times of crisis or lack of capacity.
- To provide quality information or solutions for the unit’s FAQ site as part of the unit’s e-support strategies.
- To perform other helpdesk duties and responsibilities as required by the Chief of Global Support and Capacity Services.
- Client Orientation - Ability to understand and resolve clients’ needs. Level 3: Adapts deliverables to meet client needs
- Professionalism - Ability to demonstrate sound knowledge of corporate applications. Level 4: Generates commitment, excitement and excellence in others
- Teamwork - Ability to interact and collaborate to achieve teams goals. Level 3: Appropriately involves team in different stages of work and decision-making
- Communication - Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform. Level 3: Expresses information and views with adaptive reasoning and appreciation for complexity and variation
- Delivery - Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement. Level 3: Takes responsibility for addressing critical situations and delivering core value.
Level 6: Integrate & Empower: Leads integral work of teams utilizing expertise, vision, problem-solving capability, and collaborative energy in professional area of expertise
- Working experience supporting complex corporate applications in a service desk environment
- Working knowledge of ServiceNow is desirable
- Knowledge of UNDP corporate applications (ServiceNow, OracleERP, Office 365, Zoom, DocuSign, etc.)
- Experience in Incident Management and identification/handling of user trends and issues
- Experience in systems testing, feedback and analysis reporting
- Experience in troubleshooting users’ computer – hardware and software.
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary education with specialized administrative and information technology training, office management and business administration.
- ITIL Basic Foundation is a plus
- 6 years of relevant experience in a global helpdesk environment
- At least one year of hands on experience in Oracle ERP is a plus
- Familiarity with SharePoint and Microsoft collaboration tools
- Technical knowledge of troubleshooting software and hardware problems for users’ computer
- Proven track record of working and contributing positively in a team environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Knowledge of other UN Language (Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, French or Russian, is a valuable asset.
Important applicant information
All posts in the GS categories are subject to local recruitment.
Two (2) positions. **This Posting is open just for Panamanian citizens or foreign persons with permanent residence and a valid work permit.***
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.