Programme Support Analyst
Instructions to Applicants:
Click on the "Apply now" button. Input your information in the appropriate Sections: personal information, language proficiency, education, resume and motivation. Upon completion of the first page, please hit "submit application" tab at the end of the page. Please ensure that CV or P11 and the Cover letter are combined in one file.
The following documents shall be required from the applicants:
Personal CV or P11, indicating all past positions held and their main underlying functions, their durations (month/year), the qualifications, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Candidate, and at least three (3) the most recent professional references of previous supervisors. References may also include peers.
A cover letter (maximum length: 1 page) indicating why the candidate considers him-/herself to be suitable for the position.
Managers may ask (ad hoc) for any other materials relevant to pre-assessing the relevance of their experience, such as reports, presentations, publications, campaigns or other materials.
UNDP will cover the cost of travel of the individual to the duty station, as well as their return to their home upon completion of their services. Travel costs are covered only in the event that the function will be undertaken physically in the duty station and excludes working from home arrangements.
Include any official travel expected to be associated with performing the functions.
The Project aims to assist the Government of Iraq (GoI) to restore the legitimacy of the country's institutions and to renew the social contract between citizens and state. The strengthening of local governments' functions and services is key to unlocking the blockages of the current post-conflict scenario and to mitigating the political risks linked to the elections held on May 12, 2018, and the unmet citizen grievances that could contribute to destabilizing the country.
The programme is in line with the EU priorities set out in the EU strategy for Iraq endorsed by the Member States in Jan 2018. It addresses the EU Consensus on Development priorities of People, Peace, Prosperity, and (partially) Planet. The planned interventions also fall in line with the objectives of GoI’s new National Development Plan 2018-2022, and they contribute to the progressive achievement by Iraq of SDG 11, while promoting progress toward Sustainable Development Goal(s) SDGs 5, 7 and 8.
The overall goal is to contribute to the stability and socio-economic development of Iraq by enhancing democratic governance at the local level. The specific outcomes are: (1) selected Governorates are able to manage effectively and transparently local government systems and public services ; (2) economic growth and job opportunities have increased in selected Governorates, with a special focus on green projects involving youth and women; and (3) living conditions in conflict-affected areas have improved and returnees are assisted.
Programme activities will focus on enhancing local government systems by supporting decentralization processes; implementing selected local priority development projects already listed in the existing local development plans at the provincial level and assisting returns and better living conditions in conflict/fragile areas, through the rehabilitation and upgrading of housing and community infrastructure and services.
- Programme Support Officer reports directly to Programme Specialist /UNDP Iraq.
Duties and Responsibilities
Scope of Work
The incumbent will be required to provide full operational support needed for implementation of “Peer-to-Peer Cooperation”, “Local Priority Projects” and “Provision of Set up Granting Mechanism for CSOs in Iraq” Actions under “Supporting Recovery and Stability through Local Development in Iraq” EU funded project; as well as supporting closure of “Strengthening the Long-term Resilience of Subnational Authorities in Countries Affected by the Syrian and Iraqi Crises” EU funded project.
- Provide efficient and timely support in Managing project funds ensuring cost efficiency and compliance with established Project documents;
- Track, Collect and Review Funding Authorization and Certificate of Expenditures (FACE) Forms and Financial Reports, aligning them with Narrative and Quarterly Reports submitted by Implementing Partners. Monitoring of results against deliverables outlined in respective agreements;
- Support Programme Specialist in timely preparation of the programme budget in the Peoplesoft ERP system (Atlas);
- Perform a thorough review and evaluation of project proposal budgets submitted by Responsible Parties as per fund operational guidelines and allocation strategy, and ensure cost effectiveness analysis of proposals
- Support Project Specialist on audit process including planning and advise on the review and clearance of audit reports;
- Acting as focal point for coordination and communication with Service Providers on issues related to Contract Management;
- Efficient management of procurement processes for the project including drafting specifications and TORs for supplies and services to be procured within the approved budget;
- Supporting, implementing and administering the effective and timely recruitment of NUNVs and IUNVs according to Project Recruitment Plan, ensuring equity, transparency and consistency in the selection and placement;
- Support effective maintenance of financial control systems ensuring correct record of financial transactions;
- Performing other duties as assigned.
UN CORE VALUES AND COMPETENCIES
Professionalism: Shows pride in work and achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
Communication:Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; Asks questions to clarify and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; Tailors language, tone, style and format to match the audience; Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
Client Orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be "clients " and seeks to see things from clients' point of view; Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; Identifies clients' needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; Monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients' environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; Keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; Meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
Required Skills and Experience
Min. Academic Education
Min. years of relevant Work experience
Required skills and competencies
Desired additional skills and competencies
Required Language(s) (at working level)