Programme Associate (Nutrition), SC6 Bokhtar, Re-Advertised
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
To coordinate and provide input to activities in four districts of Khatlon region to support the smooth implementation of all nutrition activities. The Programme Associate will be based in Bokhtar Field Office and will be working under the day to day supervision of the Head of Field Office, Bokhtar with technical guidance from the country office Nutrition Officer and in close collaboration with the country office nutrition staff.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Provide technical support and assist in the development and implementation of various activities and processes within the nutrition portfolio, supporting alignment with wider programme policies and guidelines.
2. Provide specialized project management support to nutrition activities to ensure that the various activities are performed within the established targets following WFP’s policies and procedures.
3. Within the nutrition portfolio, prepare a range of reports and data analysis (e.g. food assistance needs, programme status, performance, etc.) and highlight trends/issues ensuring deliverables adhere to corporate standards and quality control.
4. Ensure and/or perform accurate, timely recording of data within the nutrition portfolio (e.g., distribution reports, programmatic data collected digitally, monitoring, etc.) and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
5. Liaise with internal counterparts to support effective collaboration, implementation, and monitoring of ongoing project activities.
6. Coordinate and communicate with local partners, agencies, NGOs, and government institutions, including health and education authorities, to promote the nutrition agenda at regional level.
7. Support the capacity building of WFP staff, cooperating partners, and local government counterparts within the nutrition portfolio.
8. Act as a point of contact for resolution of a range of operational queries and problems within the nutrition portfolio.
9. Provide input to the nutrition capacity strengthening activities, including social behaviour change communication (SBCC) interventions.
10. Act as a focal point on the digitalization of the moderate acute malnutrition treatment in the target districts in Khatlon Region, proactively coordinate with the partners and focal points on the implementation of the WFP digitalization application.
11. Support in organizing of the formal and on-job technical trainings for the cooperating partners and beneficiaries.
12. Prepare field mission reports and provide input to other reports of nutrition portfolio.
13. Provide other support on the nutrition activities as well as back up support during the absence of other colleagues.
14. Contribute to improvement of business procedures and processes;
15. Cross-cutting: Support the implementation of the WFP Tajikistan Country Strategic Plan through ensuring cross-cutting efforts such as nutrition-sensitivity, gender and diversity inclusion, protection and accountability, environmental protections, and capacity development, are integrated throughout the portfolio and within the office, and to ensure equal participation and consideration of women and men, boys and girls, and people living with specific needs and/or disabilities;
16. Any other business.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE FOR ENTRY FOR ENTRY INTO ROLE
• Experience in implementation of Nutrition, Health, SBCC or other relevant technical areas
• Contributed to implementation of programmes, including monitoring and reporting.
• Assisted with policy discussions.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
Computer skills: Full knowledge of computer applications such as MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, etc.). Experience in handling of various data packages and web-based management systems.
Language: Required fluency in oral and written communication in English, Tajik and Russian.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Type of Contract: Service Contract (SC)
Duration of Contract: 12 months (with possible extension)
Duty Station: Bokhtar, Tajikistan
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
3 August 2021
Female applicants and individuals with disbailities are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.