Gate Keeper Nigeria Maiduguri
A job description is a written statement that describes the employee’s role and responsibilities. The role and responsibilities shall be executed within the NRC framework. The job description facilitates the recruitment process by stating the necessary competencies. It is mandatory for all positions.
Reports to: CMC Team Lead
Supervision of: N/A
Duty station: Maiduguri
Duration and type of contract: Until December 31st 2021
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and beliefs shall guide our actions and relationships.
1. Role and responsibilities
• Ensures the security and safety of NRC Offices, assets and staff members.
• Prevents unauthorised access, perimeter incursions and surveillance activities against NRC.
• Checks visitors/beneficiaries entering the premises.
• Monitors and authorises entrance and departure of employees.
• Controls access/egress of NRC vehicles.
• Patrols and maintains security of the office premises and grounds on a frequent but irregular basis.
• Undertakes a physical check of all exterior doors and windows at night to ensure they are secure.
• Take immediate action in the event of an attack or intrusion: calls security services for immediate assistance.
• In event of a fire, he/she is to act as per NRC’s SOPs.
• Records all visitors in the logbook – those entering and departing NRC premises.
• Ensure visitors/beneficiaries do not wander around NRC premises.
• Checks and records all NRC assets leaving the premises.
• Briefs replacement about their routine and significant incidents.
• Maintains and operates generators.
• Assists employees/residents/guests when handling their luggage and office equipment.
• Fulfilling any other related tasks that may be assigned by the supervisor.
By interfaces, NRC means processes and projects that are interlinked with other departments/units or persons. Relevant interfaces for this position are:
• All departments/ NRC Staff/Visitors/Beneficiaries
Scale and scope of the position
Stakeholders: Security Services
Information: Visitors sheet/Incident Reports/Asset Control
Legal or compliance: N/A
Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired results.
These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance:
Generic professional competencies:
• At least basic education, graduates from 12 grade are preferred.
• Communication (oral and written) in Hausa and in English is beneficial.
• At least 1-2 years working experience in a relevant field, preferably experience of work with an NGO.
• Must be honest, well-mannered and neat in appearance.
• To be a Nigerian citizen.
Behavioural competencies (max 6)
These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job. NRC’s Competency Framework states 12 behavioural competencies, the following are essential for this position:
1. Handling insecure environments
2. Initiating action and change
3. Empowering and building trust
The employee will be accountable for the responsibilities and the competencies, in accordance with the NRC Performance Management Manual. The following documents will be used for performance reviews:
• The Job Description
• The Work and Development Plan
• The Mid-term/End-of-trial Period Performance Review Template
• The End-term Performance Review Template
• The NRC Competency Framework