HR Specialist, Organizational Development
The Department of Human Resources and Office Services is the central management and coordinating function for Human Resources delivery as well as building an organizational culture of learning, security, and continuous improvement. It is responsible for the implementation of IDLO’s global Human Resources, Office Services, and Security management initiatives, reforms, policies for all IDLO Offices field and non-field locations in line with organizational strategy.
Under the supervision of the HR Advisor, Policy and Organizational Development, and as a member of the HR Learning and Development (L&D) unit, the HR Specialist will also serve as a key role in planning and implementing various organizational development (OD) initiatives to improve internal business operations and processes seeking to develop integrated solutions.
The incumbent promotes a collaborative, client-oriented approach and contributes to the maintenance of high staff morale. He/she will be the main contributor in building a culture of high performance, employee engagement, and motivation.
Summary of Functions:
1. Change Management
2. Performance Management
3. Institutional Activities
Key results expected:
1. Change Management
- Drive and contribute to the delivery of transformative new HR initiatives such as the development of a competency framework, institutional onboarding initiatives, HR knowledge management, and workforce mobility strategies and talent development strategies;
- In collaboration with the HR team as well as key internal stakeholders, identify change management issues and facilitate the development, implementation, and evaluation of assigned projects that support the engagement, motivation and well-being of employees;
- Provide support to management and managers across the organization to ensure that organizational change initiatives are properly implemented, ensuring the culture change required as a result of the implemented initiatives;
- Compile and assess feedback from all levels in the organization on areas of improvement, successes in relation to HR services, workflow, and processes through initiatives such as annual or periodical employee engagement surveys; and
- Analyze business structures, procedures, processes, and the utilization of resources.
2. Performance Management
- Coordinate the development and implementation of a new organizational performance management framework, ensuring integration with the development of a new competency framework
- Coordinate the procurement, selection, design, and implementation of a new online performance management system in collaboration with internal and external partners;
- Develop various communication tools as well as training content to guide employees and managers on the use of the new performance management framework;
- Regularly monitor and evaluate implementation of the performance management framework, analyze results and provide recommendations and further action plans; and
- Provide support and advice to employees and managers on a needs-basis on managing performance.
3. Institutional Activities
- Promote effective communication and facilitate open and transparent consultative processes;
- Represent the HROS department and participate in internal and external meetings, working groups, conferences to exchange information and collaborate on the areas of responsibility;
- Ensure the dissemination and sharing of best practices and lessons learned across IDLO for organizational development, planning and knowledge building;
- Guide and advise HQ/BO departments as well as Country Offices on various HR and organizational development matters;
- Contribute to the development of reports and statistics on the areas of responsibility; and
- Performs other similar duties as requested by the supervisor.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
Education and Experience
- A graduate degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Social Sciences or related field is required.
- A minimum of five (05) years of professional experience. Demonstrated technical competence in the subject matter, ideally within an international/inter-governmental or a comparable public international organization, is required.
- Demonstrated experience in developing organizational development and change management initiatives.
- Past experience in working with performance management, preferably in working with online performance management and evaluation tools.
- Experience in running employee surveys is an advantage.
- Strong knowledge of preparing analytical lists and reports, data and gap analysis.
- Affiliation with renowned HR body or HR certification, an advantage.
- Excellent oral and writing skills in English.
- Good knowledge of Spanish, French, Arabic, or Russian will be a strong asset.
- Strong familiarity and competence in working with human resource policies and procedures.
- Ability to present and promote the Organization’s position on HR matters in a clear, concise, and accurate manner.
- Proven ability in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong oral presentation, communication, and networking ability.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively use computer and Microsoft Office programs and other tools for analytical activities.
- Capacity to work on multiple different projects, and under pressure, while ensuring accuracy and attention to detail.
- Keen sense of ethics, integrity, credibility, and commitment to IDLO’s mandate.
- Ability and willingness to travel to high-risk countries, if necessary.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
For this professional internationally recruited position, IDLO shall offer the selected candidate an Affiliate contract of 24 months, with the possibility of extension subject to performance and availability of funding. IDLO shall also offer a yearly basic salary of EUR 46,000 and a benefits package including provident fund contribution, medical insurance, leave entitlements in accordance with IDLO Employee Regulations and Rules. Relocation and installation support are also available for internationally recruited employees.
Salaries and benefits paid by IDLO to employees are exempt from taxation in Italy. IDLO employees are responsible for compliance with income tax laws of their country of nationality or residence and/or of any other relevant fiscal jurisdiction.
Applications will be screened on regular basis; a qualified applicant might be recruited before the deadline. In the interest of making the most effective use of resources, only short-listed candidates will be contacted during the selection process.
IDLO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in all areas of its operations. We welcome applications of qualified and diverse candidates.
IDLO is committed to achieving a 50/50 gender balance at all levels within its workforce. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for IDLO vacancies.
IDLO does not tolerate sexual exploitation or abuse, any kind of harassment, including harassment of a sexual nature; or discrimination. As such, IDLO will conduct careful reference and background checks of all selected candidates as part of its selection process.
DISCLAIMER AND CLOSING DATE
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the Contractor assigned to this work. This may not be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality and in compliance with IDLO’s policy on personal data protection.
The Director-General of IDLO reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities or even to cancel the recruitment to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Application deadline: 30 July 2021 (23:59hrs Rome Time).