AMAL Project Officer -Engineer Iraq Kirkuk
1. Role and responsibilities
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines as well Government rules and regulations
- Implement delegated project portfolio activities related to infrastructure according to the plan of action specifically in regards to Technical aspects
- Prepare and develop technical status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of technical documents in both hard and soft copies
- Ensure that projects target beneficiary sites/units most in need, and explore and assess new and better ways to assist
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement concerning both the “hard” and “soft” components of infrastructure programming
- Actively participate in capacity building training, workshops and seminars organized by NRC.
- Actively participate in developing work plans for the technical aspects of the project activities
- Ensure that gender and protection mainstreaming are carried out at the field level.
- Collaborate with teams from other CC’s to ensure that project beneficiaries are provided with the full packages of services available through NRC’s programming according to the beneficiaries specific and self-identified needs
- Organize and lead technical needs assessments, focus group discussions, contractor meetings, and technical discussions with stakeholders.
- Supervise the beneficiary selection per the technical project selection criteria.
- Prepare informational materials for project beneficiaries in regards to BoQs and scope of works Develop training materials related to proper installation of materials.
- Organize and lead the supervision and monitoring contractor work, works carried out by Daily/Incentive labour and/or repairs done by the beneficiaries themselves.
- Consolidate site-level BoQs for inclusion in procurement documents. Ensure that content specifications are precise and work with logistics to obtain samples as needed.
- Prepare the production of site-level BoQs and BoQ amendments. Collaborate with PC on the development of standardized BoQs.
- Prepare project level scope of work and prepare site/unit level Scope of Work. Collaborate with PC on the development of standardized BoQs.
- Develop technical specifications for materials and construction activities in coordination with the Project Coordinator. Prepare Technical designs as required.
- Track and record information related to project beneficiaries, handle requests and complaints in regards to technical aspects of implementation as directed by Project Coordinator and M&E unit.
- Carry out field-level coordination with contractors and/or Daily/Incentive Labor in areas of project implementation.
- Organize and lead field level M&E activities specifically related to the technical aspects of project implementation and develop lessons learned documentation related to technical implementation.
- Any other task relevant to the position as requested by the line manager.
2. Our Idea Candidate:
- Post-secondary technical education or higher in engineering, architecture, construction management or equivalent.
- At least two years experience in a technical responsible position in an NGO (preferred), or in an international company.
- Proven experience in developing and following through on the technical implementation of a construction project.
- Experience in documenting the progress of construction-related activities.
- Experience in monitoring construction activities/contractors ensuring that technical standards are adhered to during implementation.
- Experience in developing BoQs, BoQ Amendments, Scope of Work, Technical specifications of materials and construction activities.
- Ability to prioritize needs and carry out multiple tasks simultaneously
- Experience in coordinating the technical aspects of implementation activities carried out by contractors.
- Knowledge of the context in (Iraq) specifically in regards to the technical aspects of the shelter and infrastructure needs in the area of implementation.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, analytical and negotiation skills
- Basic understanding of concept note, proposal and report writing
- Advanced computer skills, especially in Word, Excel and CAD. Knowledge of Microsoft Project and other design programs is a plus.
3. Other information:
Contract Duration: 12 months
Duty Station: Central Iraq Area Office Kirkuk-Tuz
Health Insurance is provided
Salary: G5/S1, According to NRC’s Iraq salary scale and terms and conditions.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
NRC is an equal opportunity employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality, and physical ability.
For more information, please read the Job Description