EU Advocacy Intern for DRC Brussels Representation Office
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is looking for an intern to support the advocacy efforts towards Brussels based decision makers. DRC Brussels is a small team of five working on advocacy towards EU institutions, external representation and support for donor compliance and engagement with Brussels based donors. You will be part of a small and dynamic team in Brussels and work alongside our EU policy and advocacy advisor.
About the job
You will work alongside colleagues in the DRC Brussels Representation, in particular the EU Policy and Advocacy Advisor and the Brussels Representative, with an emphasis on the following tasks:
- Support with tasks related to both internal and external meetings
- Logistics and coordination around preparation for virtual and in person meetings of DRC field and HQ colleagues
- Formatting and proofreading of documents
- Information-gathering and drafting of internal and external written products
- Support with stakeholder mapping for specific advocacy priorities
- Monitor developments, and inform relevant colleagues, on the EU Pact on Asylum and Migration as well as the EU’s role in different humanitarian crisis and the EU’s humanitarian policies
- Maintain Insite (intranet) pages for the team and other communication tools, including the quarterly Newsletter
- Support and engage in DRC’s advocacy towards EU institutions for humanitarian programmes or other priorities related to the EU Pact on Asylum and Migration
- Other administrative support.
There may be additional tasks assigned depending on the qualifications of the successful candidate.
To be successful in this role we expect you to have a keen interest in global displacement and migration; have knowledge about EU institutions and legal frameworks; have an interest in humanitarian operations; and be well articulate in English.
Moreover, we expect the following:
- University degree (bachelor required, master recommended) in law, social sciences, international development, humanitarian aid, or any other relevant degree
- Be fluent in both written and spoken English
- Be effective in the use of MS Office and knowledge of/experience with Office 365
- Have good interpersonal and communication skills
- Be able to work independently as well as in a team
- Be able to work systematically with a good structure for the work that you do
- Have an eye for detail and strive to get the job done.
- Knowledge of and interest in international and EU asylum and human rights law, or previous experience in the humanitarian sector.
Please note that you need to have the right to work in Belgium (through nationality or existing work visa) in order to be considered for this role. DRC is not providing support to relocate to Brussels.
People with a migration or refugee background are highly encouraged to apply.
Paid internship for 6 months - brutto 812.90 EUR and meal vouchers (Belgian Contract – “Convention d’Immersion Professionnelle : Contrat de Stage)
Workplace: DRC Brussels, Avenue des Arts 7-8, 1210 Bruxelles (Belgium)
Start date: Mid-September or start October 2021
Duration: 6 months (September/October 2021 – February/March 2022)
Please note that you need to have the right to work in Belgium (through nationality or existing work visa) in order to be considered for this role.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV in English. Apply online on our page Current Vacancies at www.drc.ngo. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 15 August 2021. We expect to conduct interviews in the week starting Monday 23 August 2021, in Brussels or virtually.
For questions regarding the vacancy please contact Birte Schorpion, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.