Mexico (United States of America)
The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking for a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented staff for the position of Treasury Analyst to work in the Finance Unit of the Corporate Services Program (CSP).
The position will be based at CIMMYT’s headquarters in El Batan, Texcoco, Mexico.
- Perform Petty Cash Funds, finding report and follow-up.
- Process vendor onboarding requests .
- Create, administrate and follow-up Corporate Cards (Debit, Credit). .
- Assist Treasury Supervisor in Budget analysis and control of internal acquisitions.
- Prepare journals transactions generated by Treasury.
- Monitor all deposits and prepare incoming accounting journals for bank deposits received.
- Monitor all bank commission and prepare their accounting records.
- Control information about bank information for deposits, to users.
- Prepare deposit report and monthly inflow.
- Prepare bank commission reports.
- Elaborate monthly reports
- Perform other tasks as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Be backup up for cashier’s activities and to other Treasury staff members.
- Other duties related to the position directed by supervisor.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Minimum 2 years of working experience in Treasury Area.
- Experience in external audit (is desirable)
- User advanced level of usage in MS Office Suite (Advanced skills in Excel)
- Intermediate level in English language (English test will be administered; candidate must score a minimum of B1 as per CEFR)
- Ability to prioritize and to plan.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Customer Orientation, Teamwork, Problem Solving and Decision Making and Critical Thinking.
- The candidate must exhibit sense of urgency and commitment to his responsibilities and deadlines.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M21169 Treasury Analyst. Screening and follow up will begin on Wednesday, August 11, 2021. For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Jaqueline Perez (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.