Capacity Building Officer
The Capacity Building Officer will work alongside the Senior WPE Officer, Senior Protection Officer, M&E Officer and Programme Manager to guide capacity building initiatives. She/he will facilitate and coordinate all training and capacity strengthening aspects of the WPE program, including Girl Shine and EA$E sessions and PRoL programs including protection trainings for stakeholders and staff. This post holder will require working closely with community structures, CBOs, RLOs and national NGO partners while delivering training sessions, be responsible for effective internal & external capacity building engagements for WPE and PRoL staff and cross cutting departmental trainings. As guided by the Programme Manager, she/he will be responsible for planning, budgeting and successfully delivering the capacity building plans. The staff will serve as Focal point for WPE subgrantee (WIPC) under BPRM Grant. The role has no supervisory responsibilities but collaborates with other sectoral staff.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct a capacity needs assessment of the team and communicate findings to the supervisor for action.
- Based on findings from the capacity needs assessment, develop a capacity development plan and ensure its timely implementation.
- Work with Senior Officers and Monitoring and Evaluation Officer to identify and propose priority training and capacity sessions staff and stakeholders.
- Effectively manage all budget items related to trainings and capacity buildings to ensure spending is timely and in accordance with donor requirements.
- Prepare activity and training reports for review by M&E Officer and submission to Programme Manager for approval.
- Work closely with Programme Manager to develop and review appropriate training materials, guidance, and procedures for WPE, PRoL and other relevant staff.
- Maintain clear records and data on all trainings and capacity building sessions while collaborating with Monitoring and Evaluation Officer.
- In collaboration with Programme Manager, be focal point for Women International Peace Center (WIPC) engagements under Year 3 BPRM Grant.
- Identify training needs of WIPC and coordinate with the Urban Program Manager and WIPC focal point to cover the gaps.
- Participate in Training of Trainers sessions to enable she/he rollout of these trainings to other staff.
- Support Monitoring and evaluation Officer in documentation of best practices, success stories and taking good pictures for report writing.
- Ensure all respective sectors have access to training and professional development resources appropriate to their skill gaps/needs.
- Maintain open and professional relations with team members, promoting a strong team spirit, oversight and guidance to staff enabling successful performance of duties.
- Build and maintain relationships with others including INGOs, National NGOs, and OPM, UNHCR and community stakeholders.
- Adhere to IRC Global HR Operating Policies and Procedures
Key Working Relationships
Position reports to: Programme Manager
Other internal and/or external contacts
Internal:Senior WPE Officer, Senior Protection Officer, M&E Team, Consortium Manager, Deputy PRoL Coordinator, Field Coordinator, and WPE CoordinatorExternal:Protection related coordination Working Groups, CBOs, Refugees Associations & Groups, WIPC, UGANET, KCCA, UNHCR, OPM and other relevant service providers.