Senior Driver (National Position)
Background/IRC Summary: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises, helping to restore health, safety, education, economic wellbeing, and power to people devastated by conflict and disaster. Founded in 1933 at the call of Albert Einstein, the IRC is at work in over 40 countries and 26 U.S. cities helping people to survive, reclaim control of their future and strengthen their communities. The IRC has been operating in Thailand since 1975 and currently provides assistance to displaced persons in Tak, Kanchanaburi, Ratchaburi and Mae Hong Son provinces.
Job Overview/Summary: The Senior Driver works as part of the Ratchaburi and Kanchnaburi operation team to ensure safety transportation, effective vehicle maintenance, developing and scheduling transportation movements for IRC Staffs in and Ratchaburi and Kanchnaburi visitors in compliance with the IRC vehicle policies and procedures.
Ensure effective transportation for IRC Ratchaburi and Kanchanaburi field site with safety and also follow IRC policy and Thai Law.
• Organize schedule and supervise transportation assignments for all drivers on a weekly basis.
• Conduct the proper and timely routine check-ups, maintenance and repair in accordance with IRC policies for all IRC vehicles and ensure all vehicles are cleaned routinely both inside and outside.
• Ensure to apply the IRC fuel policy to driver team.
• Monitor vehicle log-sheets and ensure that they are filled in accurately.
• Arrange the necessary vehicle rental as requested by programs.
• Ensure daily check of the safe transportation and loading for all IRC staff, visitors, emergency medical referral patients, and other program supplies and equipment.
• Request and prepare cash advances for trips outside of CPW and ensure prompt clearance upon completion of the trip.
• Ensure that all vehicle keys are on board and keep in the safety place.
• Drive vehicle safely for the transport of authorized personnel.
• Ensure that the steps required by the IRC rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in an accident.
• Supervise vehicle maintenance activities with drivers both site Ratchaburi and Kanchanauri, taking preventive care measure for vehicle management.
• Assist with Supply chain officer to renew all vehicles plate registration, compulsory insurance and 3rd party insurance due date and cost.
• Ensure proper filing of all vehicle log-sheets and vehicle SCMR report on a monthly basis.
• Take care of the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle, check oil, water, battery, brakes, tires and responding to care i.e. arranging for service when due.
• In charge of replenishment and monitoring replenishment of first aid kits, safety equipment, on board documentation, and vehicle maintenance tools in the vehicles.
• Ensure for effective vehicle maintenance plan.
• Participate in professional vehicle training activities, as needed or requested.
• Provide safety driving skill/test to field drivers whenever necessary.
• Perform other duties as requested by supervisor.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Supply Chain Officer
Position directly supervises: None
Indirect Reporting: Senior Supply Chain Officer, Field Coordinator
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: All IRC Staff (Operations Team and Programs)