Web Portal and e-Services Officer
Consistent with its mandate to prioritize the acquisition, adoption, innovation, and application of science and technology for development and its pursuit of competence, excellence and service innovation as provided in both the Organic Law for the Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (BARMM) and the Revised Transition Plan 2019-2022 for the Bangsamoro Transition Authority, the Bangsamoro Government, through the Ministry of the Interior and Local Government (MILG), forged a partnership with UNDP that seeks to apply, where possible, the strategic framework and principles of the UNDP-supported Access to Information (a2i) program to the specific social, cultural and economic contexts of BARMM.
This project titled “Localizing e-Governance for Accelerated Provision of Services (LeAPS)” will build on the a2i experience towards the transformation in local governance in BARMM by significantly accelerating connectivity in communities and opening up governance by enabling citizens to capitalize on the benefits of connectivity, such as through improved access to services and information, community enterprise development, assisted rural e-commerce, and skills development. The LeAPS project is a way to overcome the dependencies on archaic, paper-based and manual processes within and among the local government units (LGUs). This project will also maximize the use of MILG’s limited manpower and resources to deliver and monitor frontline services effectively and efficiently.
The overarching outcome of the LeAPS project is to ensure that “the most marginalized, vulnerable and at-risk people and groups benefit from inclusive and quality services and live in a supportive environment wherein their nutrition, food security, and health are ensured/protected”, its outputs are targeted as follows: a) efficient e-services in select LGUs and Ministries of BARMM managed and optimized; b) LGUs effectively and efficiently use disaggregated data for development and resilience planning, programming, budgeting and governance; c) enabling program environment established; and d) program managed efficiently with sustainability measures.
The full-blown phase of the LeAPS project will commence this year, covering 12 LGUs and 11 Ministries in BARMM. The other LGUs and ministries will be identified from 2022 onwards.
UNDP is looking for a Web Portal and e-Services Officer for the LeAPS Project who will form part of the LeAPs Project Management Team based in Cotabato City.
Duties and Responsibilities
Scope of Work
- Provide technology support and high-level coordination for the Digital Bangsamoro portal and e-services in close coordination with the LeAPS DSDL Training Specialist, UNDP Bangladesh, SSC, a2i, and MILG technical teams:
- Incorporate features and functionalities of social media to forge a deeper and more meaningful public engagement;
- Incorporate appropriate level of security;
- Identify and perform quality control of the requisite data formats of all elements to be uploaded in the websites as well as ensure that the websites are stable across various browser platforms;
- Assist with content update when the changes that have to be made are not possible from the CMS user interface;
- Assist the LGUs and the Ministries in hosting and maintenance of the new websites and other protocols in website management;
- Maintain full backup of the websites throughout the duration of the contract (backup, code and source files will be delivered in full to client on closing of the contract); and,
- Ensure conduct of training to LGUs and the Ministries on content management system, website maintenance, search engine optimization and site analysis.
- Ensure compliance of e-service portals with policies, standards, and procedures of the BARMM and national governments:
- Liaise with counterpart/s from a2i and MILG in developing the websites using new and applicable web development and design tools; and,
- Ensure that the technology and procedures used for the portal/websites meet the industry’s best practices.
- Responsible for the software development activities in coordination with the software development partner, following the AGILE methodology including developing, verifying, maintenance, and managing the change requests for the digital service solutions from the BARMM LGUs and Ministries:
- Support the design of the software architecture and interfaces for the component to meet functional and performances requirements;
- Test software functionality, design and quality requirements for the project; and,
- Maintain and improve in-house software modules and technical support for website/portal and software for the digital services.
- Collaborate with the IT departments in MILG and MOTC in BARMM through regular discussions covering technical matters that involve the development and maintenance of the #DigitalBangsamoro portal; attend other required relevant project meetings.
- Coordinate and consult with the UNDP Digital Services Team on all ICT-related matters with respect to the work and deliverables.
- Provide advice and support on capacity development and ICT training activities.
- The Web Portal and e-Services Officer is expected to provide other tasks not limited to the following:
- Contribute to a wide variety of support roles such as service desk, software and desktop support with work related to the develop and maintenance of the portal and e-services;
- Connecting the needs of the LeAPS project with technology opportunities
- Provide research, analysis and provide advice on trends to inform decisions
- Translate technical information into plain English/layman’s terms for project needs
- Contribute to writing ICT briefs, submissions, reports, presentations and correspondence
- Work with people to create change and help the technology challenged.
- Provide additional support to the Project Management Team and the Programme Team on the request of the Project Manager and Programme Team Analyst ensuring achievement of project results including learning, monitoring, and reporting with respect to the implementation of the project work plan; and ensuring linkage with other BARMM offices and other related projects.
Overall direction and guidance shall be provided by the UNDP Team Leader for Institutions and Partnerships while day-to-day supervision shall be performed by the LeAPS Project Manager with oversight from the Programme Analyst.
- Demonstrate focus on achieving quality results and impact;
- Propose new ideas, approaches and solutions to problems;
- Keep abreast of new developments in one’s professional area;
- Be flexible in handling change, adopt new ideas, approaches and ways of working;
- Demonstrate courage, self-motivation and initaive to act on opportunities without being prompted by others;
- Establish and develop networks that deliver powerful collaborations;
- Treat all individuals with respect, consider ethical implications and respond sensitively to all differences among people;
- Fully accept and value all people, creating an inclusive environment; and,
- Demonstrate honesty and transparency.
- Knowledge in programming concept, developing software program and management of application lifecycle;
- Capacity to manage IT projects, using IT methodologies and approaches such as agile deployment and/or waterfall system development methods;
- Knowledge of change management, ability to manage and control change process;
- Knowledge of data science, skills to develop data management tools, organize and maintain databases and operate data visualization technologies;
- Capacity to transfer efficiently users needs in IT requirements;
- Ability to set-up, develop, support, and maintain applications;
Ability to deliver the IT products and services to customers at the right level of Quality and Costs, taking into account user experience
Required Skills and Experience
Minimum Qualifications of the Successful NPSA
Min. Academic Education
Master’s degree or equivalent in relevant areas, e.g., information systems development, software development, computer science, or related areas.
A first level university degree in combination with additional 4 years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
Min. years of relevant Work experience
At least 5 years of relevant experience with Master’s Degree
With experience in systems design, website development, public sector digital transformation and/or application of digital solutions to address public sector and development issues.
At least five (5) years of progressive work experience on technology and innovation related to project implementation including digital governance, digital transformation, and digital solutions.
Previous working experience in similar position in UN agencies or International organizations would be advantage.
Required skills and competencies
With strong skills and experience in the following:
Must be able to assume a broad role, proficient in many facets of information technology (IT) in one or more specific speciality. In this role, the candidate will help the project understand what digital technologies can offer and must possess general business knowledge and good soft skills.
Must have a strong background in technical writing.
Required Language(s) (at working level)
Proficiency in spoken and written English and Filipino.Proficiency in spoken and written local dialects is preferred.
Must possess at least one (1) of the following professional certifications or equivalent:
Resident of BARMM or Mindanao is highly preferred or willingness to relocate to duty station
The Web Portal and e-Services Officer is expected to travel in various areas in Mindanao and BARMM, as required.
The following documents shall be required from the applicants:
- Personal CV or P11, indicating all past positions held and their main underlying functions, their durations (month/year), the qualifications, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Candidate, and at least three (3) the most recent professional references of previous supervisors. References may also include peers.
- A portfolio of past projects on web portal development, digitalization, and related work.
- A cover letter (maximum length: 1 page) indicating why the candidate considers him-/herself to be suitable for the position.