IRC Background: Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a leading nonsectarian, voluntary organization providing relief, protection and resettlement services for refugees and victims of oppression. For over 25 years our Phoenix office has provided a range of services including resettlement and economic empowerment services, immigration, community gardening and case management for victims of trafficking.
Our strength and success lie within our core values of Service, Accountability, Equality, and Integrity. We are strongly motivated by our clients and are dedicated to delivering high-impact and quality programs.
Job Overview: The Caseworker provides client-centered, trauma-informed services to refugees and other qualified immigrants to support a positive resettlement experience and the achievement of client self-sufficiency. The Caseworker works closely with clients, colleagues, and external parties to develop service and/or self-sufficiency plans to meet individual client needs and preferences utilizing a broad range of financial, medical, social, vocational, and other services and resources in accordance with client eligibility and program requirements.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide and coordinate timely pre- and post-arrival services to ensure each client has living essentials such as housing, food, medical care, and access to transportation, and is oriented to their new environment.
- Conduct intake services with clients to assess needs. Develop self-sufficiency plans and timelines in partnership with each client. Provide individualized support through direct services, referrals, and advocacy.
- Assess and monitor client progress to support their attainment of established goals, address challenges, and to ensure that available resources are utilized.
- Request, plan and track direct assistance expenditures on each new arrival assigned case and ensure adherence to budgetary and contract compliance requirements.
- Detail each client interaction in accordance with program requirements. Input client information in database(s) and assist with tracking and reporting as needed.
- Collaborate effectively with coworkers and partner organizations. Build and maintain relationships with area service providers for the benefit of clients.
- Use personal, insured vehicle and/ or IRC organization vans to travel and transport clients and materials as needed throughout the service delivery area.
- May train and lead the activities of volunteers and interns.
- Other duties as assigned.