Partnerships Finance Assistant
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, IRC offers life-saving care and life-changing assistance to refugees made to flee from war or disaster. At work today in more than 40 countries and in 22 U.S. cities, IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted by conflict or disaster. IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The Syria crisis is often described as the worst humanitarian catastrophe since the end of the Cold War. Inside Syria, 7.6 million people are internally displaced and 12.2 million are in need of humanitarian assistance, with 4.8 million in hard-to-reach areas. There are 4 million Syrian refugees in neighboring countries. This is no short-term humanitarian episode. The devastating human consequences to huge numbers of people will endure for decades. The destruction of relationships, communities, livelihoods, homes and infrastructure will take years to repair.
IRC is offering a robust humanitarian response to the Syria crisis. With an annual budget in excess of $140 million and a rapidly expanding portfolio, supported by more than 1,250 staff in the region, IRC is undertaking programs in Syria and the neighboring countries of Turkey, Iraq, Lebanon and Jordan in the fields of health, child protection, education, women’s protection and empowerment, NFI and food distribution, cash assistance, water and sanitation, and livelihood programming. Our work in these challenging settings gives rise to some of the most pressing issues facing contemporary humanitarian action, including questions of access, security, funding and coordination.
The partnership Finance assistant is a position supporting the Syria Country Program Partnerships finance team. With the overall objective of achieving high quality programming, the main goal of this position is to ensure effective review of partners finance reports and documentation as well as provide support to partners and Partnership finance staff and management. Also will provide general administration support to the Partnership Finance team with general filing, photocopying scanning and control of all documentation relating to partner remuneration.
- Support on the review of partner financial reports and supporting documentation, providing feedback to partners as vital and flagging any compliance and financial management issues to IRC management.
- Verify completeness and accuracy of all accounting documents at the stage of the data received.
- Maintain the bookkeeping and files related to all the sub -award hard-copies and soft-copies- Filing all sub award financial records and makes it available for management, internal /external audit and review.
- Collaborate closely with partners to ensure completeness, correctness and accuracy of financial reports.
- Assist in preparing financial report reconciliations for Program and Finance review and sign off.
- Update the Partnership Department tracker on a regular basis.
- Assist in review and prepare partner cash requests, ensure a tracking system and matching of advance payments and expenses reported.
- assist in building and tracking of all partner budgets and financial reporting results, and advise the Program Coordinator of any potential issues with spending and financial issues.
- Provide Support in the preparation of internal finance reporting.
- Liaise with the Senior Partnerships Finance Manager with regards to any sub-award reconciliation or payment request as necessary.
- Ensure compliance with IRC procedures and guidelines.
- Together with other Partnerships and Program staff, provide backstopping and problem solving for partners to reach the specific reporting requirements.
- Support in the process of budgeting, realignment and modification of existing sub-awards, as needed, by providing historical financial data.
- Assist in the implementation of Finance policies, procedures and systems.
Program Support & Capacity Strengthening
- Provide support in preparation and conduct of financial trainings for partner organizations.
- Collaborate closely with partner organizations on regular basis to provide financial and program support in areas of finance.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Sub Awards Finance Manager
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Senior Partnership Finance Manager
Position directly Supervises: None
Indirect Reporting: None
Key Internal Contacts: Partnerships, Health & Protection Program/Partnership team, MEAL, Finance and Grant teams of the Syria country program