Office Services Intern
IDLO internship programs are designed to provide a mutually beneficial relationship between IDLO and university students, young graduates, post-graduate students, or persons similarly situated (collectively referred to as Interns). IDLO offers interns an exceptional learning experience in an international organization and increases their awareness and knowledge of legal issues in the development arena. Internships also benefit IDLO by allowing participants to contribute their skills and competencies to the realization of IDLO’s strategic goals and mission. Interns are fully involved in the work program of the Unit or Department that has selected them to carry out assignments relevant to their studies and experiences under the supervision of IDLO personnel.
IDLO provides all full-time interns with a monthly stipend of €600. Internships are offered for 3 months and are renewable up to a maximum of 6 months. Full-time placements (5 days a week) are strongly preferred. Applicants available for less than 5 days a week will not be considered.
IDLO seeks an intern for an interesting opportunity to support the work of the HROS Department. The HROS Department oversees a high volume and time-critical service delivery to internal clients and stakeholders in a multicultural environment. Under the direct supervision of the HROS team Managers, the intern will be asked to:
Provide Human Resources, administrative and logistical support, focusing on:
- Assist in various HR-related tasks as required
- Support to employees and dependents in connection with onboarding processes;
- Administrative support to the organization of conferences, workshops, retreats;
- Collection of information for administrative surveys and support for the development of policies;
- Edits, formats and provides inputs to correspondence, reports, documents, and/or presentations using word processing or spreadsheets.
- Assist in liaising with personnel in other IDLO offices
- Assist in resolution of routine administrative and process problems, referring complex issues to supervisor with recommendations for course of action.
- Support in filling management (electronic filling and hard copy documents)
- Perform other administrative duties as required
Provides support in connection with office maintenance and assets management
- Participate in the sourcing and administration of services delivery, in close collaboration with the supervisor
- Support in the drafting of contracts for services delivery,
- Assist in preparing accurate inventory lists and adequate property records for the office
- Support in the tagging of assets;
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
The ideal candidate should possess the following requirements:
Education and Work experience
- Have completed or be enrolled in a post-graduate (required) course of study at a university or equivalent higher education institution.
- Work experience in Human Resources or the administrative sector is desirable
- Sound capacity of analysis and synthesis;
- Practical experience with clear, concise writing;
- Strong ability to draft and revise documents and handle business correspondence;
- Solid organizational skills;
- Advanced computer skills, and in particular excellent ability to use Microsoft Office package.
- Fluent oral and professional writing skills in English a must. Fluent knowledge of Italian is an asset.
- Good team player, positive attitude, flexible mind, comfortable working in a fast-paced, multi-cultural environment;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to work constructively with internal and external stakeholders;
- Ability to respond timely to queries and provide feedback;
- Ability to work proactively and independently and doing so in a well-organized manner and exercising sound judgment.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Keen sense of ethics, integrity, and commitment to IDLO’s mandate.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
IDLO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in all areas of its operations. We welcome applications of qualified and diverse candidates.
IDLO is committed to achieving a 50/50 gender balance at all levels within its workforce. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for IDLO vacancies.
IDLO does not tolerate sexual exploitation or abuse, any kind of harassment, including harassment of a sexual nature; or discrimination. As such, IDLO will conduct careful reference and background checks of all selected candidates as part of its selection process.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the intern assigned to this work. This may not be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities.
The General Counsel of IDLO reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities and determine whether or when an internship position may be filled consistent with business and organizational needs.
Application deadline: October 8, 2021 (23:59hrs, Rome Time).