Post Number : ADM 062 & ADM 064
Grade : G-5
Parent Sector : Sector For Administration and Management (ADM)
Duty Station: Paris
Job Family: Administration
Type of contract : Fixed Term
Duration of contract : 2 years
Recruitment open to : Internal and external candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 08-OCT-2021
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
Only candidates who are entitled to work in France may apply to this position.
OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
Under the overall delegated authority of the Assistant Director General for Administration and the direct supervision of the Senior Finance Officer, the incumbent provides a series of administrative support services in compliance with UNESCO Rules and Regulations, practices, standards and procedures.Long Description
In particular, the incumbent will be responsible for the following:
- Act as certifying officer up to the authorized level delegated by the CFO.
- Provide guidance and interpretation on non-complex administrative rules, regulations and procedures.
- Verify and process payments within certification limit, including internal reinvoicing.
- Assist and provide guidance in review of staff travel requests and claims, prepare travel orders; issue travel payment advances and process payments for claims.
- Initiate and follow up Human Resources actions.
- Initiate data entry in UNESCO HR systems for temporary staff or non-staff personnel contracts; validate overtime requests.
- Assist the supervisor on status and reconciliation of travel and Value Added Tax (VAT) accounts.
- Identify anomalies and errors; alert the supervisor and undertake transactions to correct errors/omissions.
- Completed secondary, technical or vocational school.
- Minimum five (5) years of relevant professional experience in administrative support tasks.
- Good organizational and coordination skills and ability to plan and monitor work-plans.
- Ability to set priorities and capacity to adjust work plan effectively.
- Ability to take initiatives and provide quality and timely support and services.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to interact as a teamplayer.
- Sense of discretion, integrity and diplomacy.
- Commitment and reliability.
- Good IT skills (MS Office), including knowledge of SAP or similar ERP systems.
- Excellent knowledge (written and oral) of French.
- University degree in Public/Business Administration/ Finance or related fields.
- Training/certification in accounting, finance or administration.
- Work experience (including volunteering, trainings) in an international organizations or agencies in the relevant field.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Proficiency in proofreading and drafting skills.
- Knowledge of rules and procedures as well as administrative practices in an international context.
- Good knowledge (written and oral) of English.
- Knowledge of another UNESCO language (Arabic, Chinese, Russian, Spanish).
UNESCO’s salaries consist of a basic salary and other benefits which may include if applicable: 30 days annual leave, family allowance, medical insurance, pension plan etc.
For more information in benefits and entitlements, please consult ICSC website.SELECTION AND RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information. To apply, please visit the UNESCO careers website. No modifications can be made to the application submitted.
The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided.Footer
UNESCO applies a zero tolerance policy against all forms of harassment.
UNESCO is committed to achieve and sustain gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities, as well as nationals from non-and under-represented Member States (last update here) are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts.
UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.