Digital Collaboration Analyst – 2 positions
Instructions to Applicants: Click on the "Apply now" button. Input your information in the appropriate Sections: personal information, language proficiency, education, resume and motivation. Upon completion of the first page, please hit "submit application" tab at the end of the page. Please ensure that CV or P11 and the Cover letter are combined in one file.
The following documents shall be required from the applicants:
Personal CV or P11, indicating all past positions held and their main underlying functions, their durations (month/year), the qualifications, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Candidate, and at least three (3) the most recent professional references of previous supervisors. References may also include peers.
A cover letter (maximum length: 1 page) indicating why the candidate considers him-/herself to be suitable for the position.
UNDP will cover the cost of travel of the individual to the duty station as well as their return to their home upon completion of their services. Travel costs are covered only if the function will be undertaken physically in the duty station and excludes working from home arrangements.
UNDP is an operational backbone to the UN system: providing payroll, financial transactions, common premises, treasury investment, procurement, legal services to UN agencies. UNDP provides IT support for 13 UN entities with 40,000 United Nations and external users of the UNDP’s Atlas ERP system, as well as information and communication technology (ICT) and application solutions for the United Nations field presence. To support the UNDP Digital Strategy 2019-2021 and enable the digital transformation of the organization, the Information and Technology management (ITM) office is tasked with developing and operating the enabling corporate technology platforms and providing related services that power the digital transformation including: (1) advice, administration and acceleration services to promote delivery of maximum business value of each platform; (2) a global service desk operation; (3) and outreach services and capacity building activities to promote knowledge sharing and effective, agile planning and governance of technology development and utilization.
Within the Information and Technology Management (ITM) office is the Global Service Desk, that has the basic mandate of providing a single point of contact to manage client support, service requests and incidents related to the organization’s corporate applications including Enterprise Resource Planning systems, Content Management systems (SharePoint and AEM/Adobe CQ5), Microsoft collaboration tools among others.
Under the supervision of the Digital Collaboration Specialist, the position focuses particularly on building capacity within the organization to enable people in UNDP to utilize digital technologies to support daily operations.
The Digital Collaboration Analyst will be engaged in supporting UNDP’s Digital Transformation pathway in using digital technologies to improve the quality, relevance and impact of UNDP´s work , while also improving the efficiency of UNDP’s operational systems and internal processes. This pathway involves developing automation tools, improved data usage, and greater efficiency.
The Digital Collaboration Analyst will assist in realizing UNDP’s digital strategy and contribute to the organization’s investment in automating process flows within the Global Service Desk and support their colleagues in utilizing digital technologies to support daily operations. The function of the Digital Collaboration Analyst is to be involved in the continuous growth and improvement of UNDP’s collaboration tools and platforms, through analysing, troubleshooting, building knowledge, supporting and empowering the expert and user communities across UNDP.
The Digital Collaboration Analyst will report to the Digital Collaboration Specialist.
Duties and Responsibilities
Scope of Work:
The Digital Collaboration Analyst is responsible for:
- Supporting the implementation of adoption and outreach on UNDP Digital Platforms:
- Support implementation and update of the UNDP Digital Platforms Adoption strategy and work plan;
- Ensure users worldwide are supported in adopting user-productivity and collaboration tools in order to increase efficiency and productivity;
- Administrative and logistical support within the Digital Collaboration Team, including initiatives such as webinars, launches, etc. for end-users, key users and champions across the different UNDP locations and functions;
- Contribute to the creation and editing of materials related to the UNDP Digital Platforms adoption activities.
- Supporting Knowledge management, digital capacity, and literacy activities:
- Assist with the creation of knowledge assets;
- Administrative and logistical support to the Digital Collaboration Team to coordinate with subject matter experts in creating and maintaining knowledge assets;
- Contribute in the rollout and maintenance of the Knowledge Management lifecycle;
- Respond to knowledge related queries.
- Assisting with the maintenance of Intranet sites, online networks, and knowledge repositories:
- Assist with the maintenance, update, and monitoring of the Knowledge Repositories (UNall Knowledge Base, Collaboration Toolbox Intranet site), including implementing latest trends/best practices;
- Assist with the updates and preparation of content for the internal Knowledge repositories ensuring consistency of the online materials;
- Maintain the content and digital presence in UNDP Digital Platforms Adoption networks/tools;
- Identify and collect documentation of best practices and lessons learned.
- Assisting with reporting and monitoring of UNDP Digital Platforms Adoption activities:
- Extract and collect data of the Digital Platforms Adoption client surveys;
- Perform qualitative and quantitative analysis of collected data for reporting;
- Collaborate on the integration across tools and platforms through the knowledge and capacity building strategic planning.
Professionalism: Shows pride in work and achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; Asks questions to clarify and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; Tailors language, tone, style and format to match the audience; Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
Client Orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be "clients " and seeks to see things from clients' point of view; Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; Identifies clients' needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; Monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients' environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; Keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; Meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Communication, Knowledge Management, Digital Learning, Community Management, or related discipline or bachelor’s degree with additional 2 years of experience.
Minimum years of relevant work experience:
- With Master’s degree at least (2) two years of relevant work experience at national or international level in communication, knowledge, training, community management or related activities;
- With bachelor’s degree at least (4) four years of relevant work experience at national or international level in communication, knowledge, training, community management or related activities.
Required skills and competencies:
- Experience to design and implement engagement and adoption campaigns on corporate tools and platforms is required;
- Experience to deliver knowledge assets and guidance across digital corporate tools to internal stakeholders is required;
- Experience in design and development of training and knowledge material is required;
- Capacity to engage with stakeholders, internal communities and groups of experts to strengthen visibility and internal knowledge-sharing is required;
- Strong communication and collaboration skills are required;
- Knowledge of IT software packages for monitoring performance and reporting is required.
Desired additional skills and competencies:
- Experience in Capacity Building & Adoption Strategies and campaigns will be an asset;
- Experience in Community Management will be an asset;
- Experience in support and coordination of project-based knowledge activities, and process alignment will be an asset;
- UN work experience will be an asset.
Required Language(s) (at working level):
- Fluency in English is required;
- Working knowledge of French and/or Spanish will be an asset.
- ITIL 4 Foundations or Prince2 Foundations will be an asset.