Senior Analyst, Oxygen
Senior Analyst, Oxygen
- Full Time
- Program (Division)
- Country Programs - Lesotho
The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease. We work in low- and middle-income countries by strengthening the capabilities of governments and globally by using business-oriented strategies to create and sustain high-quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance. For more information, please visit http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org
CHAI began working in Lesotho in 2004 to help the government reduce HIV by introducing better treatment for adults and children and eliminating mother-to-child transmission. The office has grown since its inception to managing multiple projects.
About the Oxygen Program
Treatment for those experiencing acute respiratory distress requires oxygen therapy to support breathing. In the context of COVID-19, published data on the literature has all in agreement that COVID-19 patients require hospitalization, particularly those severe and critical cases, almost all of whom require oxygen therapy. In the absence of a proven therapeutic, medical oxygen and supportive respiratory care is a vital lifesaving intervention. The CHAI’s oxygen program aims at improving the capacity and infrastructure for sustainable oxygen delivery to both COVID-19 patients as immediate support and scale-up of Oxygen therapy for broader respiratory diseases in the long run.
We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Analyst for the Oxygen team who can work with independence, flexibility, and urgency on a project around oxygen supply and delivery. The Senior Analyst will work with key in-country stakeholders through technical assistance, data analysis and coordination. The Senior Analyst will be responsible to provide technical assistance to Lesotho’s Ministry of Health on oxygen supply and delivery. This position will work with government officials and partners and must have excellent relationship building and communication skills. S/he must be able to function independently with minimal oversight and have a strong commitment to excellence with a keen eye for detail.
This is a local position based in Maseru, Lesotho.
• Collaborate with CHAI Lesotho team, the Ministry of Health and other stakeholders to improve oxygen access and delivery as a common goal;
• Provide analytical support in the implementation of oxygen related interventions and any other quantification support as needed;
• Support Ministry of Health and relevant departments to coordinate and conduct oxygen-related trainings;
• Identify new opportunities for relevant engagement and actively troubleshoot issues as they arise;
• Conduct joint supervision visits with relevant departments of MoH to monitor and evaluate gaps of key oxygen commodities for general respiratory care and COVID-19;
• Collaborate with government to ensure skills transfer and government ownership;
• Other relevant tasks as requested.
• Bachelor’s degree or a graduate degree in a related field
• 4+ years of relevant work experience in a demanding, results-driven environment; preferably supply chain and/or business consulting
• Exceptional problem-solving skills, entrepreneurial spirit, goal-oriented with a willingness to improve, attention to detail
• Excellent analytical (qualitative and quantitative) skills and communication (written and verbal) skills, including the ability to prepare and present compelling presentations and program planning and memo documents
• High-level proficiency at Microsoft Excel, STATA and/or other data-analysis tools
• High-level proficiency in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to build relationships with government and other stakeholders
• Experience managing multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities, and work independently at a fast pace with minimal structure;
• Ability to work effectively and independently in a multicultural and high-pressure environment
• Master’s degree in relevant field like public health, information technology, policy, or science
• Prior experience in related industries including chemical, manufacturing, pharmaceutical or other public health programs
• Knowledge of supply chain management
• Experience working with government and ministries of health to achieve collaborative goals