Refugee Support Services Case Manager
Tucson (United States of America)
The Refugee Support Services Case Manager provide comprehensive and culturally appropriate case management services to longer-term resettlement clients. The RSS Case Manager will be responsible for the delivery of services to clients with significant vulnerabilities or barriers to integration. The RSS Case Manager will collaborate with the Direct Services team to ensure clients enrolled in the RSS program achieve their goals and attain self-sufficiency.
·Provide comprehensive case management services to clients with barriers to self-sufficiency
·Upon receipt of referral from internal and external sources, schedule an intake appointment, and arrange interpretation and transportation for the client, as necessary
·Conduct intake, determine eligibility, complete assessment, and orientation, and assist client in developing their self-sufficiency plan
·Refer clients to appropriate internal and external services and programs based on their needs
·Provide linkages to agency, community and government services and monitoring referral completion including state benefits such as SNAP, Medicaid, WIC, SSI, and other available services within Tucson
·Follow up with clients monthly to track their progress and update their self-sufficiency plan
·Advocate for clients to ensure they receive culturally and linguistically appropriate services
·Complete documentation in case management database systems in a timely manner
·Follow all IRC policies, procedures and protocols including adherence to the IRC Way and Child Safeguarding.
Position Reports to: Casework Supervisor
Position directly supervises: Interns and volunteers within program
Indirect Reporting: Senior Program Manager, Arizona State Refugee Program
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: IRC staff, interns, and volunteers
External: Community partners, donors, vendors
- Undergraduate degree in related field preferred.
·At least two years of related experience in human services field;
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Demonstrated knowledge of working effectively in a team and independently;
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Knowledge of the Tucson social services network strongly preferred.
- Lived experience as refugee or immigrant. In lieu of lived experience, experience working with refugees and/or immigrants; cross-cultural or overseas experience accepted.
- Computer proficiency with an emphasis on Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Teams, Outlook).
- Highly organized self-starter with proven success prioritizing multiple tasks, making critical decisions, and delivering results in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Flexibility with demonstrated ability to maintain responsibility for multiple tasks in the context of a diverse, fast-paced work environment.
- Proven success achieving goals and working effectively with all levels of staff in a multicultural environment.
- Strategic, creative, problem solver capable of working well independently and as a part of a team.
- Fluency in written and spoken English, bilingual ability preferred in Swahili, Kinyarwanda, Arabic, French or other refugee/immigrant language used in Arizona. Cross-cultural understanding and strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
Certificates or Licenses:
- Must have a valid driver’s license, active insurance policy, access to reliable transportation and the ability to travel regularly throughout the service delivery area for home visits.
- In accordance with Arizona State Law, must possess or be eligible to receive a fingerprint clearance card.
- A combination of standard office environment, remote work, and ‘field’ time within the service delivery area to perform the above outlined responsibilities.
·Work outside of traditional office hours may be required periodically with occasional weekend and/or evening work.
·Must be able to lift 35 to 50 pounds (furniture, household supplies, and food boxes).
We offer our employees phenomenal benefits such as paid parental leave, generous time off, and excellent medical, dental, and vision options.
IRC- leading the way from harm to home
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Please apply at http://www.rescue.org/careers