Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA) Programme Development Manager, CAR Bangui
Bangui (Central African Republic)
NRC has been present in CAR since 2014 covering operations in large geographical area with activities spread across strategic districts throughout the territory such as Mambere Kadei, Sangha Mbayere and Nana Mambere in the West, Nana Gribizi, Kemo, and Ouaka in the Centre, Basse-Kotto in the southeast, and Lobaye and Ombella Mpoko in the SouthWest.
We operate from three field offices in Berberati, Kaga Bandoro, and Alindao, and a country office in Bangui, the capital city. The programme portfolio includes six core competencies: ICLA, Livelihood and Food Security, WASH, Shelter, Education as well as Protection.
NRC has been implementing its legal assistance programme in CAR since 2014, focusing on promoting and protecting Housing, Land and Property (HLP) rights for vulnerable populations affected by displacement.
The thematic area of civil documentation has been added in 2017, with a main focus on birth registration. The ICLA programme in CAR delivers legal services at community level, and includes awareness raising, training and the application of Collaborative Dispute Resolution (CDR) techniques, while also engaging at national level to improve legal frameworks and institutional responses.
The purpose of the Programme Development Manager is to be responsible for the design, development and implementation of the Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA) programme in the Central African Republic (CAR).
Role and responsibilities
- Develop ICLA strategy, technical SOPs / guidelines and Macro logframes
- Responsible for the development and management of funding proposals, project budgets and donor reports
- Liaison and coordination with relevant local and national authorities and stakeholders and represent NRC in relevant forums and working groups
- Promote the rights of refugees, IDPs and returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Ensure implementation of ICLA-related advocacy initiatives in CAR
- Contribute to capacity-building of ICLA staff on technical aspects
- Develop approaches and activities ensuring safe and inclusive programming within the ICLA programme
- In coordination with M&E, monitor and follow-up on quality of services provided by NRC ICLA in CAR
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a senior level project implementation position in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Technical expertise and experience on legal assistance programming (HLP, civil documentation and collaborative dispute resolution methods are strong assets)
- Fluency in English & French, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of the context in CAR and/or the region
- Experience in advocacy work
Find link for more details JD ICLA PDM CAR BANGUI
What We Offer
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to join our work culture that empowers every employee to share ideas and take responsibility: At NRC we think outside the box. We encourage ideas and give responsibility to all employees at all levels, to help solve the complex issues that we face. You will have many opportunities to be heard and take the initiative
- 12 months fixed term contract renewable subject to funding
- An opportunity to match your career to a compelling cause
- A chance to meet and work with people who are the best in their fields
Internal candidates are encouraged to apply but we are also open to external applicants who can show a commitment to NRC and being part of a challenging, but important mission to make a difference.
To apply as an internal candidate, click on the suitcase icon “I am an employee” on the top right of the page to be redirected to NRC’s internal career site
**Apply by completing all the system required fields of your experience in your application**